So joet, when we getting these forums merged onto the real RateBeer?

@joet I’m having fun posting and chilling with the other dudes that have adopted this new forum, but when is it going to move over to the “old” ratebeer so that I don’t have to keep 2 browser tabs open?

2 Likes

As per New RateBeer Forums and BeerMail available now to early adopters :

The tentative plan now is to roll out the new forums to the whole group, Wednesday November 8th.

2 Likes

So the big day is very soon? Oh boy, people will hate the change. Because it is a change, not because of what it contains (namely good stuff)

2 Likes

And how is the merge supposed to be? Are we gonna start from scratch (or as this forums are right now)?

If the old forums are “going away”, I’d love to have them just be archived and still available to read. We have some really good threads that could continue to drive traffic for years to come (I’ve searched the web for beer related information and the RB forums appeared pretty high up in the search results).

If there is some kind of migration that will happen, that would be awesome, though I imagine since the systems are probably incompatible. Because of this I’ve just been posting in both the old and new forums.

Honestly I like almost everything about the forum, except the loss of the old smileys (I like the emojis, just will miss being able to use some of those smileys). :umbrella::neutral_face:

4 Likes

This is literally what joe said will happen. The link is already in the footer of these forums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I missed that part. Nice to know.

JoeT def did the rigth thing delaying the move as too many people were having trouble. I hope as ive seen several people since then that the problems are solved and we may see move soon

2 Likes

Same here. Really looking forward to it. As relatively fresh member, I’ve never really come to like the old forums that much.

1 Like

We may lose a lot of thick people who may get lost during the transition. RIP Gary.

I’m sure the amount of beer we consume will thicken up (literally and figuratively) some new dudes to post garbage in the forums

This is the intention.

We have added a number of new garbage handlers lately and it’s been good.

1 Like

I will coordinate with Ashley and David and advise the transition happen tomorrow.

6 Likes

1 Like

@joet Will RateBeer Spotlight aka *4AD continue or will @radarsock be the last one ever?!

2 Likes

I don’t see any way for Spotlight to continue given the new format :cry:

Your just gonna have to wake up every morning a post a photo of one of us in the Forums :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just put jmm635 there, and things will look normal…

2 Likes

@joet- Please let me know I can mail you 500 photos of me as a baby that you can scan in and feature on a daily basis

2 Likes

Not knowing at all how this is generated, could the Spotlight be moved to another page, perhaps to the “We Are RateBeer” page? I know it won’t get nearly as much daily traffic if it’s anywhere else. If it’s tied to the the functions of the old forum, then never mind…

1 Like