RateBeer Forums

SOLVED Cannot add pictures, Choose File button not working (Chrome Win10)

I cannot upload any pictures today, the CHOOSE FILE button doesn’t do anything…is it only me?

1 Like

Works for me.

1 Like

I cannot add it too using the Add Image button when creating a new beer…I cannot reproduce this with Microsoft Edge…seems only a problem in Chrome Win10 64bits…it was working before…so its a new bug…

1 Like

Using win 10 and Chrome, updating a lot of images yesterday and the day before, just now uploaded one more.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
64-bit operating system

Running on a laptop, HP EliteBook

Google Chrome
Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (32-bit)

@Viper666 maybe it is Chrome 64-bit that is the issue?

0 Likes

The “Choose File” button works fine for me on 64-bit Chrome on Win 10 (Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

2 Likes

Button was there and worked fine for me a few mins ago when adding a new beer and pic. Build below…

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Google Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I uninstalled Chrome completely and reinstalled it and it seems to have solve the problem…

2 Likes

Where do you get the CHOOSE FILE button? If i try to add a picture to a beer i’m sent to Outlook!
i reported this last year seems nobody cares.

0 Likes

Currently a non admin or non brewery affiliated user may only add an image to a beer that they just created.

Else one need to send it by email.

Has been that way for a while due to abuse.

1 Like

Well, the interface has been tinkered with quite a bit more since I posted my complaint below. I at least have been able to post pix both through the upload or email link, and they are now showing up within a day or so.

JaKeAFC

February 21

Where do you get the CHOOSE FILE button? If i try to add a picture to a beer i’m sent to Outlook!

i reported this last year seems nobody cares.

[REQUEST Uploading pictures](https://community.ratebeer.com/t/request-uploading-pictures/5957) [Website Bugs](https://community.ratebeer.com/c/ratebeer-feedback/website-bugs)

In the new UI, clicking the link to upload a beer picture now opens my Mail app. Okay, I attach my photo, send it off, and immediately get a “mailbox full” message. Is this me, or do I need to wait for the queue to get cleared up?

Sent: Feb 21, 2019 4:52 PM

To: markmcdermott@mindspring.com

Subject: [RateBeer Forums] [RateBeer Feedback/Website Bugs] SOLVED Cannot add pictures, Choose File button not working (Chrome Win10)

0 Likes