RateBeer Forums

SOLVED Website status / bug blocking access to website

Hi everyone,
We released a new version of the website on Friday that solved this issue for some people, but unfortunately not everyone. We are sorry that some of you are still unable to access RateBeer. The team is working on trying to understand what is causing this issue for a some people. We will reach out directly to some of you who are still having issues so that we can solve this issue as soon as possible.

In the mean time, the mobile apps (for iOS and Android) are working as normal. We’ll send an update when we have more information.

SOLVED - BUG Rate Beer website goes blank, pages don't load

seems like an IP problem.

USING A BROWSER-EXTENSION VPN (tried Netherlands worked for me on first try) seems to work

WITHOUT VPN, YOU STILL HAVE LIMITED ACCESS:

TRY USING YOUR PROFILE URL ( https://www.ratebeer.com/user/USERNUMBER/ ) FROM THERE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOGIN AND AT LEAST SEE YOUR RATINGS.

YOU CAN STILL ACCESS AND RATE PLACES USING THE OLD MAP URL. ( https://www.ratebeer.com/beermap?=0 ) FROM THERE, SEARCH YOUR PLACE AND YOU’LL REACH THE OLD PLACE DESIGN PAGES! STILL WORKING :wink: EVEN CHECK INS

1 Like
SOLVED Temporary solution for the blank pages
made this a banner . It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user. #3

Wrong!!!

After seeing your message, I deleted the app from iphone and downloaded and logged in. Rate Beer logo appears for a second, and then it’s all white screen -nothing on that screen to do.

It seems to have cause a new problem for many, many users, That new problem is that when a link to a beer is clicked, the nasty “we’re working on it - solved soon” page shows up. The result is that no beers can be rated, because the beers won’t pop up for us.

At least for me everything else works. But the basic purpose of the site, Rate Beer, has been eliminated.

This “notice” strikes me as typical BS from a large operation’s IT department.

Nothing has improved in days. None of your “updates” have done squat. This is on two separate computers, using two separate operating systems, connected through two completely different ISPs and connection technologies, using 5 different browsers.

So, can you be honest? What percentage of your total user base is “some people”?

You obviously have no clue what is wrong, and have been grasping at straws for days with advice like clearing the cache, update the browser, etc. etc. Typical IT BS.

Fix it soon, and fix it for real. No more BS.

5 Likes

The fixes proposed do not work.

You can’t even access the old places / brewers / my profile pages?

1 Like

I can’t access the main page or any individual beer pages, which means rating anything is impossible. I’ve tried using Chrome and Firefox (latest versions) on my PC, and Safari on my iPhone. The iPhone app is inoperable as well.

The website is FAILING TO LOAD on Konqueror browser on my IRIX mainframe. PLEASE FIX. My schlitz is frankly getting disgusting and the owners might get upset at how low the rating is getting.

1 Like

God knows what you have done. The IT guy who authoritied the update needs to have his left arm ripped off and thrashed with it too within an inch of his life, then have the arm sawn back on the wrong way round and then be sacked!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Service sent me a request to do a little investigating - sent them the results - but what I saw that seemed very interesting (in Chrome this was):

“Your monthly usage limit has been reached … please upgrade your subscription plan”

So maybe it’s the uberusers who are having problems.

The quoted was associated with lines:
“IPStackLocation Null”

That would be asinine. Hopefully it’s not true. If we are paying for premium (or getting it for being an admin), we need to be able to use the site as we desire. As an admin, it would be stupid for them to place me on a limit. I guess they don’t want free labor?

My thought would be that it is not the people - it’s the tools they have used

The tools may have limits inherent in them - which need to be specifically increased - which cannot be done unless the people know the limit is there

Let’s blame MS rather than AB

This is not the problem. I have access to everything on my phone and my home desktop computer, but I can’t access all new design pages (their Phoenix layout pages) on my work computer (any browser, latest version).

Among my local, 1 can use the site and 6 can’t.
If somebody else wants to report about their friends…

And I reckon it’s mixed bag between admins and non-admins.

Indeed… thanks to the vpn… (It works with Firefox, but not with Safari…)

1 Like

This website does not work when the search function is selected, or when any individual beer or place is selected within my beer/place ratings. Blank white page each time. Hope this gets fixed next week so I can copy over beers rated on Beer Advocate.

I haven’t got any friends. So 100% of the people I know have a problem.

<*))))))><

1 Like