South Africa split

Tecnhically I am both the overall African content admin, and also have an overall responsibility for geography on the site. While it seems like old agreements don’t matter much any more, I am all for a split along the provinces:
Free State
Gauteng
KwaZulu-Natal
Limpopo
Mpumalanga
Northern Cape
North West
Western Cape

As a matter of fact, the breweries that were entered first were actually already split by province, so a fraction of the job was done a decade and a half back.

4 Likes

I think that many people didn’t realize (at least I didn’t) that all proposed countries (including the ones that got like 1-2 or votes) will be split. In that sense the vote was kind of pointless… But I’m happy that we got the split, and hopefully countries that were left out from the vote will get the regions in the next round.

2 Likes

Ya it was just that we’d been doing forums like these to split countries and those 17 were pretty much agreed upon. It’s not that nobody wanted to do austria yet, we just havnt yet. Make an estonia split forum post if you want as well @martjoobolut

Plus some that split weren’t even on that vote list like switzerland, n ireland and chile. But they were ready so they got split. Hopefully once the dust has settled here we’ll do another round.

I made Estonia topic, but I don’t consider it a priority.

Ok so final list here, speak up now or forever hold your peace.

ISO 3166-2 seems to also have:
Eastern Cape

Is this an oversight?

1 Like

Yeah I think you missed that off your quoted post @solidfunk?
Eastern Cape definitely needs to be there.

Ok, ya I was requoting @omhper but maybe he missed it.

So, this?

Eastern Cape
Free State
Gauteng
KwaZulu-Natal
Limpopo
Mpumalanga
Northern Cape
North West
Western Cape

3 Likes

Sorry, my bad. Eastern Cape is very real.

1 Like

Subtly drumming up some interest in these posts to make this happen…

I’m still mad Joe put kibosh on the next round of splits last time. Thanks for fighting the good fight. I always knew we needed to maximize the use of services during brief window we had him.

1 Like

Make it happen!

1 Like

Ya just not sure if anyone will do it at this point