Splitting beers

So what’s the deal with not splitting beers into separate entries?

Looking into J. Wakefield Miami Madness, I had the 7% version, which should be 2017. Existing RB entry is 3.5%. On top of that there seem to be a 2015 5% version. How can all this be the same entry?

Also I have to say I don’t understand the decision behind not splitting CBS.

You could send in a correction and list the different editions/abvs using description option.?
By the way, that’s crazy madness with the abv fluctuations. Are they all the same style?

Yep, all of them are Berliner Weisse. I’ll add it do the description. I’d also like to hear some more opinions on this.

1 Like

We have a policy on that:

9)When does a change in ABV make a new entry?

Changes in ABV of up to 10% in either direction are not considered new beers. For small changes in ABV which are documented by content administrators, existing listings can and should be edited. Changes of ABV above 10% may be considered a new beer entry, but are not required to be considered as such. As an example, for a listed 5% ABV beer, we do not add a new beer unless the ABV is lower than 4.5% or higher than 5.5%. Even so, when adding a new beer, common sense and a commitment to information-seeking should prevail; is there any evidence that, for example, a 4.4% pilsner is different than the 5.0% pilsner, even though the ABV change is over 10%?

you can definitely argue for separation.

2 Likes

Just a comment on a 7.0%abv Berliner Weisse…wtf?
I had one from Grand Teton at that strength. No thanks.

Why would the new cbs batch be a new entry? Still the same recipe right?

Do you really think it’s the same beer like 6 years ago? I know it’s debatable, but this batch seems huge, can’t imagine it’s same like old one.

Why not? It’s possible to brew on a larger scale with more ingredients/equipment.

A plus 1.1% abv from what I have read.