Stat Twat - Collaborations

How many of your ratings have been collaborative brews? It seems we get new collaborations released every other day now so let’s have a look what percentage of our ratings they make up.

https://www.ratebeer.com/tag/collaboration/

Collabs: 223
Total Rates: 1900
Percent: 223/1900 * 100 = 11.7%

No. of top 50 collabs I’ve had: 3

This isn’t going to be the most accurate of stat twats. I’ve been wanting Ratebeer to add proper functionality for listing collaborative brews on the site ever since I joined, but alas we have to make do with writing the breweries in the beer name and (optionally) adding the “collaboration” tag. Unfortunately this means there are a lot of untagged collabs still in the database.

Over the past couple of months I must have tagged almost 1000 of them (partially scripted, I didn’t sit here searching for days on end) - this covered all the “most followed breweries” on RB as well as most of the major UK ones and US/Euro ones too.

Interestingly the top 5 users changed drastically after I finished doing this and there are now 3 Brits in there (previously none). madmitch is 2nd, Craig 3rd and Leighton 5th. yespr and fonefan are 1st and 4th respectively.

This suggests that UK breweries are pumping out collabs far more than other countries at the moment. This is a trend that I’ve spotted on social media as well as simply by looking at how many collabs I rated in the past year. It was my top tag on the My 2017 page.

216 collabs for me 5% of my total. 0 of the top 50

56 for me, just 2% of my total. Presume most of these are the 'Spoons overseas brewer collabs: they’re certainly not something I’ve ever particularly chased.

One out of the top 50.

For me 283, which is just under 5%.

However, only 10 of the last 50 beers I’ve tried have any tags at all. 3 of my last 50 could have had the collab tag added. Based on this small sample there could be 300-400 more collabs not tagged that I’ve tried.

627/17486 = 3.6%, 10 from top 50. Not particularly a fan of the ones I’ve had as mostly they’re dumbass ideas made by breweries that know they’ve got a fanbase who will buy any old stupid concoction and give it a massive score for tasting of windows and gamma rays.

Does some admin now have to go through all those and amend the names so they show brewery / brewery?! Are they all really colabs? Some of the BrewDog ones aren’t?

81 = 6.11%

Which ones are you referring to?

There’s a couple of those ones where it’s BrewDog bar as opposed to the brewery itself.

Also some have no mention of another brewery. But I guess you’ve done the research.

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah well I saw the collaboration tag was being used somewhat loosely and people have been using it to refer to ANY kind of collaboration, so if it was with a specific bar (e.g. the BrewDog ones) or for example with a coffee house providing the beans, or with a pub or whatever, that would get tagged as well, not just if it was between two or more brewers.

Btw I wasn’t the one who originally created the tag so I’m not sure what its intended purpose was but that was how it was being used already, so I continued with that idea when tagging stuff myself.

Also 99% stuff I tagged was brewery collabs because I was doing it based on names containing " / "

I think it must have been discussed on the old forum but beers produced in conjunction with coffee shops or bars, etc, should not be /'d.

I know. I agree. I didn’t say anywhere that they should be.

You replied before I re-read and realise that:)

Ah ok no worries then :slight_smile:

These need adding to the flavour descriptor shortcuts. And the tags. @discobot fortune, will you be able to get this sorted for us?

1 Like

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so

2 Likes

Two of the top 50.

235 rates that have been allocated as collaborations. This equates to less than 3% of my overall total.

<*))))))><

[/quote]
If I’m reading the tags page correctly I’ve had 1746 collabs, I wonder why I’m not on the list? Anyway, that’s just 6% of my total. That said, it does seem like a huge % of my recent rates have been collabs. 3 more today at least

Good stat twat Pyro

Collabs: 898
Total Rates: 8516
Percent: 898/8516 * 100 = 10.5%

No. of top 50 collabs I’ve had: 13

If I’m reading the tags page correctly I’ve had 1746 collabs, I wonder why I’m not on the list? Anyway, that’s just 6% of my total. That said, it does seem like a huge % of my recent rates have been collabs. 3 more today at least
[/quote]

similar thing happens to me…
Capture

1 Like