STATES / REGION for all countries

Now we are talking pirates of the caribeen and a bottle of rom.
This is all about beer. Lets keep those mapping for other kind of rating.

Ratemap.com!

1 Like
1 Like

I like a bit of booty !

1 Like

Too late!

Ok so I asked in the Danish forum and it seems pretty well agreed that this is breakup for 11 regions. Ignore the numbers (i copied an pasted from a wikipedia page):

Copenhagen City {\displaystyle } 728.243 169,6 4394
Copenhagen Surroundings {\displaystyle } 530.612 342,3 1550
North Zealand {\displaystyle } 450.245 1.449,0 311
East Zealand {\displaystyle } 239.016 807,7 296
West & South Zealand 577.710 6.414,9 90
Bornholm 40.305 592,3 68
Funen 486.709 3.478,7 140
South Jutland 715.800 8.777,3 82
East Jutland 851.769 5.841,4 146
West Jutland 425.769 7.164,3 59
North Jutland

I’d also like to personally congratulate Denmark for getting their shit together and having a North, South, East and West Jutland. Now if only the U.S. could sort that shit out and create east Carolina, North Virginia and West Dakota.

The Dutch have also agreed in a forum there that this is their breakup, but I think these are dutch names. Do we want to translate these to North Holland etc.?

Noord-Holland
Zuid-Holland,
Zeeland,
Noord-Brabant,
Utrecht,
Flevoland,
Friesland,
Groningen,
Drenthe,
Overijssel,
Gelderland
Limburg

And Spain as well:

With these two listed either as regions in Spain or as separate countries depending on what we decide. Personally I’d say just list them in Spain right now and we can split them later if we want, but I don’t really have a strong preference:
Ceuta
Melilla

I forgot to ask the French about the regions, so just did it:

1 Like

And the Scots also mostly agreed on this list. At risk of starting a dispute, @services, next time you have the time to split another one I’d just say make an arbitrary and executive decision between Netherlands, Spain and Scotland as they all seem agreed on at least. France… not quite there yet.

2 Likes

After the initial flurry of activity with Australia and Belgium being rolled out it seems to have gone quiet @services.

Has the introduction of the new regions brought up more bugs/problems than anticipated? Have the problems been eradicated/solved?

Any chance of another country being split soon? Or have you more pressing tasks to undertake first? Asking for a friend!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

@BlackHaddock I’ll work on splitting another country soon, there are just a few bugs and teething with the add/edit place changes.

There are always pressing things to fix, so just trying to balance it. I’m glad everyone is enjoying the splits from regions and Belgium seem to go a lot smoother.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

10 Likes

Scotland split in 32. I just wonder how the Chinese map would look like!

I guess it was a rhetorical question but had a look at China and maybe these…

1 Like

England, Wales and Scotland are going to be more divided in regions than China :smiling_imp:

1 Like

But the 3 have nearly 10 times the number of active breweries on the database as China.

1 Like

Splitting Scotland into 32 sub-districts does seem to be a bit overkill. Scotland has a smaller population than Greater London.

Wikipedia gives Scotland’s total population as 5,463,300 as at 2019. By comparison, Wikipedia’s population figure for London is given as 8,174,000 at 2011 census and presumably greater now. Hopefully, no one will suggest that we split Greater London into 32 sub-districts, although there are 32 local council administrative areas .

Surely, common sense says. Split Scotland – YES. 32 sub-districts – NO.

May I dare ? Is it too much to say “EU first” ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Sensitive subject :wink:
Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Why EU first.?
Why shoud EU go before other countries?
Thats as suggestion that I do not find word for to say it in a kind way.

argh… maybe too soon after Brexit

From what I gather the idea to split Scotland is based on the fact that Scotland is next in the list of countries that the most users have rated beers from (see https://www.ratebeer.com/ratings/most-difficult-countries/).

Maybe the next country to be split into regions should be put to a vote. But personally I can’t see any reason for focusing on the EU.

Besides, Belgium and Germany have already been regionalised.

2 Likes

Of course ! I understood :slight_smile: I totally agree !

Scotland followed by The Netherlands were what I was expecting; but no problems if it’s Mexico, Poland or somewhere else like Wales.

<*))))))><

2 Likes