STATES / REGION for all countries

@services

We’ve thrashed out and debated the regions to be added to the site for Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland on the UK & Ireland forum over the past few days.

I realise folks were after other larger countries being split into regions first but until they are agreed upon and posted here I thought I may as well lay out the Irelands and Wales in case you have time to implement all or any whilst waiting for the likes of the Netherlands, France, Spain etc to be confirmed.

Makes no odds to me what comes first… but ready to tackle these as an when.

Note Northern Ireland and Ireland should keep the name ‘County’ in front of each one as this is how they are listed and more so how folks in Ireland normally refer to them in conversation.

Northern Ireland
County Antrim
County Armagh
County Down
County Fermanagh
County Londonderry
County Tyrone

Ireland
County Carlow
County Cavan
County Clare
County Cork
County Donegal
County Dublin
County Galway
County Kerry
County Kildare
County Kilkenny
County Laois
County Leitrim
County Limerick
County Longford
County Louth
County Mayo
County Meath
County Monaghan
County Offaly
County Roscommon
County Sligo
County Tipperary
County Waterford
County Westmeath
County Wexford
County Wicklow

Wales
Gwent
South Glamorgan
Mid Glamorgan
West Glamorgan
Dyfed
Powys
Gwynedd
Clwyd

5 Likes

Ireland, population about 5 million and split in 26 regions :grimacing: Looking forward to China and India :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not that I know anything about them and will leave for others to debate and decide … looks like from a quick glance India and China will run at 30 something provinces/regions each.

Really looking forward to France as it’s been a minefield for years to navigate, even for myself who’s been dozen’s of times

3 Likes

France is in my eyes one of the most boring countries when it comes to beer.
Most european coutnries are much more exiting when it comes to beer and should be prioritiezed way before france.

And this seems like the general agreement on Czech Republic. Cheers!

1 Like

So we now have Netherlands, Spain, France, Denmark, Italy, Poland, Czech, Ireland, N. Ireland, and Wales settled out @services . Some of those may have gotten buried way up in the forum, especially the ones like Netherlands that were agreed on early. Let me or someone else know if you want us just to email you these lists if it’s easier.

4 Likes

@solidfunk

If you could email the lists that would be much appreciated and would make my job just that little bit easier. Feel free to send me an email to development@ratebeer.com

Thanks,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

Ok, so sent you lists for Netherlands, Spain, France, Czech, Ireland, N Ireland, Italy, Wales, Poland, Mexico. Just waiting to check a couple of things on Denmark, Japan and Finland in those respective threads.

Denmark I wasn’t sure on English names, Japan we’re still deciding to do 8 regions or 47 prefectures and Finland just don’t know how we should spell anything, or whether it should be lanes or something else.

I vote for Mexico next @services, keep the American and Canadian regulars happy before returning to some European countries.

Plus I am keen to see where my ten Mexican breweries sit regional wise; I have no idea of the Mexican layout, looking forward to seeing what has been decided.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I much prefer the 47 prefectures for Japan. With so many sake breweries to explore all over it seems much more fun to fill than the 8 which will be quick

Also just checked and I am almost positive there is one sake producer in all 47 (whether we have in database or not another story).

2 Likes

Most people will probably be pretty heavy on the Mexican side of San Diego - Baja California and Sonora. Lot of Mexico’s best known and oldest craft brews are in that area. Border Psycho, Wendlandt, Ramuri, Fauna, Insurgente etc.

Otherwise Mexico City and Guadalajara have a couple breweries that can be found pretty widely around the country.

Started seeing Hercules from Queretaro here in the U.S. in Total Wines though, pretty cool. That’s a good one.

For what it’s worth, I would love to see Mexico, but then again I know that there aren’t a ton of us who go down there and tick a bunch, given that me and @Lubiere have to enter so many beers and breweries every time.

Seems like there are only a handful of relatively active Mexican users. Anyway, I think it should be done soonish but Netherlands, Spain and Poland would probably better serve immediate user base better. But then again, I’m totally ambivalent here and don’t want to start arguing about merits of one over the other. As long as more get done it’s sweet for the site.

2 Likes

Just on this thread, I’m working on the Czech Republic now.

Prague
Central Bohemia
South Bohemia
Plzeň Region
Karlovy Vary Region
Ústí nad Labem Region
Liberec Region
Hradec Králové Region
Pardubice Region
Vysočina
South Moravia
Olomouc Region
Zlín Region
Moravia-Silesia

These are the next regions to be implemented.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

9 Likes

And the Czech Republic split should now be available.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

7 Likes

@marko we are up and running with Czechia, let us know where we can help.

1 Like

Right, we will organize ourselves and then ask for help if needed. Thank you for the offer!

Before that, please, nobody touch anything. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, but I do have to note that the Plzeň Region is misspelled. “Plzen” doesn’t mean anything in any language, not even the English name for the town.

CZECH POSTAL CODES

100 00 - 199 99 Prague

250 00 - 295 99 Central Bohemia

301 00 - 349 99 Plzeň Region
350 00 - 364 99 Karlovy Vary Region
370 00 - 399 99 South Bohemia
393 00 - 396 99 Vysočina
397 00 - 399 99 South Bohemia

400 00 - 441 99 Ústí nad Labem Region
460 00 - 473 99 Liberec Region

500 00 - 509 99 Hradec Králove Region
511 00 - 514 99 Liberec Region
516 99 - 518 99 Hradec Králové Region
530 00 - 539 99 Pardubice Region
541 00 - 552 99 Hradec Králové Region
560 00 - 572 99 Pardubice Region
580 00 - 595 99 Vysočina

600 00 - 672 99 South Moravia
674 00 - 676 99 Vysočina
678 00 - 685 99 South Moravia
686 00 - 688 99 Zlín Region
690 00 - 698 99 South Moravia

700 00 - 749 99 Moravian-Silesia
750 00 - 753 99 Olomouc Region
755 00 - 769 99 Zlín Region
779 00 - 791 99 Olomouc Region
792 00 - 795 99 Moravia-Silesia
796 00 - 798 99 Olomouc Region

@Cuso @Ascelja

3 Likes

Hello @marko I’ll work on fixing that…it might be an issue with the database and those special characters.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

Yeah, I figured it would be that really. Them legacies and their limited charset preventing us from dragging the website kicking and screaming into the 21st century. :smiley:

Note: Same for Vysočina.

1 Like