STATES / REGION for all countries

Indeed! These region additions are a monumental step forward - and enough get me enthused!

6 Likes

@services There is an error with the NZ region names, can you please rename Manawatū-Whanganui with the macron over the u?

Joyfull day, cant wait to see them populated fully. Thank you @services and all other involved.

3 Likes

Probably it’ll take a while to get all these things split here, I’d imagine this might wait until the next batch, but if you want to start a forum post about Bulgaria to get everyone one board. I’m sure there are hordes of Bulgarian users on here to dispute and argue over splits.

Otherwise I can do it in a week or two. We kind of have a loose process here.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I made a separate forum for what’s been done, needs doing, or is currently being done by somebody:

As an admin (if you still remember how :slight_smile: ) I’m sure you could talk @services into splitting it out if you’re going to use your free time to regionalize all the breweries, cideries, meaderies…sake if there is any :thinking:.

Yeah sure what does it entail, how is it done? I’m happy to do the work.

No beers found. But I know that there is a brewery from Ceuta:

Kinda strange…

Apologies, it looks like we’re hitting issues with the database in support for that. There are a bunch of extended characters right now that seem to not work such as a macron over u. The Czech Republic is plagued by this problem too. We’re working on it and as soon as we can update the column type for that in the db I’ll update.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

2 Likes

Ireland is now done … brewers, Cideries, Meaderies (2), Sake Producers - 0

If anyone has an unassigned county (or one they think is incorrect) just drop me a BM on this here new site and I will aim to remedy.

Will likely get buried otherwise.

Cheers.

Oh and just one rater seems to hold the full set for Ireland with 26/26 … @culchiem

2 Likes

I just started the forum in case there are any opinions. Basically I’ve just been starting forum posts, or other people have in some cases like the UK stuff. Once everyone seems to agree, then I’ve been forwarding an exact list including exact spelling, accents and stuff to Raj at services. I can’t see a lot of argument over how to split, but then who knows. If you want, just find the list and copy it onto this forum below, whether you want to pull it off the wikipedia page or find an easier list to copy and paste. I’ve been mostly doing that part manually for all the other countries, but if you want to get the ball rolling just paste the proposed list here. Then we just wait a few days to make sure nobody beefs with it.

We have one local user with over 1k rates in Sofia maybe check with him/her @ bilcho1

Great to see 17 new country splits and people already working their way through loading all the regions; thanks everyone involved. I suggest all Admins take the Summer off from this type of task and take stock.

Austria, Greece, Portugal and Luxembourg (along with Bulgaria) in the Autumn please.

<*))))))><

@services Sweden split is all wrong. The ancient “landskap” were chosen, rather than the official regions “län”.
Contrary to admin input. Needs to be re-done.

1 Like

Looking back at the Swedish regions thread, I think what happened is just a lack of understanding, which is my fault. I’ll answer there

Maybe we should pause the Swedish rollout while we figure this out? Whatever admins are working on that? @services thoughts?

No worries. The reason I have been so short in my communication is that I wanted to stop admins from spending time that will go to waste, all the while I have been stuck in business meetings all day long - so no time for writing lengthy or properly polite posts.

4 Likes

I can fix it, if I can get a list of the new names to replace the old in the same order? Or be pointed in the direction of the relative thread?

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

2 Likes