Style updates are live

Looks like there are currently less than 25 tagged examples of the style, which isn’t enough to warrant a split off from Traditional Ale.

Shout out to the admins who are right now implementing submitted style corrections near real-time. Thank you!

:clap::beers:

3 Likes

Just FYI Cider and Perry are showing up in my beer styles list as well as the traditional non-beer style list

Should be fixed.

Sat down to rate the first beer of my holiday and saw it was a a Bitter - Ordinary Best. Currently on 90 but already spotted some that the admins haven’t changed so that should change. A couple of random styles - ie what’s an English IPA? Already got the English Pale Ale bollocks and this’ll add more confusion.

2 Likes

You’ve just ruined nicks day. He woke in a cold sweat the night he completed all the RB styles, having dreamt RB added 3 more new ones. Hes now needing 30 styles. You heartless admins

4 Likes

Na it will be easy. Every beer i buy is an unknown style.

1 Like

Great job RB and thanks again to the Admins who seem to have cha.ged a shitload of beers already!

2 Likes

for the most occasional users, if it’s not clear to them what style “Anchovy Blue Ale” should be in, they choose Unknown and let somebody else figure out.
At least they can now add the beer and rate it, instead of turning away.

Both styles are basically irrelevant and I would not have created a named style for them, if you ask me; tags are more than sufficient.
But I guess that the difference here is that a few (very few) examples of Kvass are popping up here and there in the US, kind of showing a minimal international interest, while Hvidtøl seems to be still confined.

1 Like

yuck for us OCD weirdos that need to have 76/76 styles rated and then at least 10 of every style etc this will endlessly annoy me.

1 Like

I suspect that a bunch of Home Depot Umami Tulip Eis Session Lager will stay there forever, and you can use them to buildup your stats

Is there a way for that to be an option for adding so newbies can rate and that admins know that needs to reclassed but then the style doesn’t show up in our profile lists since ideally there should never be anything there?

Simple coding
Ask Joe

Great. I’ll add every new beer I find there then, cause really don’t know where to look anymore with a 119 styles

1 Like

I don’t particularly care but I think it would be better if this was hidden from user stats page. If it’s purpose is a temporary measure until an admin finds and fixes it I see no reason why it needs to be displayed to us when, in practice, almost everybody is going to always be at 0 aren’t they? Probably only going to be at 1+ for maybe a week or so. I can’t think of any beers that transcend such a huge number of styles that we couldn’t force it into one.

1 Like

FYI somebody had their beer adding rights revoked, just in case anybody is caught being abusive or unnecessarily sloppy

HOPEFULLY this is for absolute shite that is “Greene King IPA” and other horrendous examples of “IPAs”. This is how it’s used on Untappd and it’s generally a great indicator of which beers to avoid!

In all seriousness though I think that’s the actual use case isn’t it? I know we don’t use English Pale Ale, but English IPA is an actual term you kinda do see.

1 Like

Guys,

How does a Black Lager differ from Dark Lager – International?

A post was merged into an existing topic: New styles whining and bitching

Dark Lager - International would be things like Negra Modelo, I guess. Things that were probably originally attempts at Bocks or Viennas, but which have evolved into something definitely different. There are probably closer to amber/brown than actually “black”.

Black Lager is probably Americanized failed attempts to do Schwarzbier? This is probably the best example - https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-belgium-1554-black-lager/1266/

3 Likes