STYLES CHANGES (including NEIPA) WORLDWIDE! discussions

No, just wanted to emphasize the point. :smiley:

1 Like

Sarcasm doesn’t work so well on the internet, alas.

Which is why I’m so oft misunderstood!

3 Likes

Hehe - I thought

would do the trick.

I should probably make clear that I’m not against the IPA split in general. I’d even prefer a bigger differentiation, as many others, and thought that LSR is a good example of how this could play out. Would there be a category IPA - Hazy Imperial / Imperial New England, this wouldn’t be a question. Some say it’s alright like that. Have broader styles. But why, then introduce IPA - Imperial / Double? Confusing stuff. I hope the new style descriptions clear things up a little. Exciting times.

Typo - ITYM Dnieper - Wikipedia

Fruit Wine or die!

Well, now I want a brewery from Russia, Belarus or Ukraine to do a DNIEPER - Double NEIPA, murky like the river. Or even better: collab! That would be one geopolitically loaded beer.

2 Likes

Well it Ukrainian the river is called Dnipro, so it doesn’t work well in the language

1 Like

It’ll be a special: in the Ukraine, you’ll be able to taste it on tap with nitro.

Ha, cheers buddy! Seems the direction of travel, in terms of new styles, has been decided, although on the admin side I am voicing my opinions on what’s most valid. My top priority is to get kvass recognised!

3 Likes

Tried it, doesn’t work, they seem to currently have maxed out characters to fit the list column in the Beer style search so adding spaces doesn’t work, this will need to be fixed
 And as soon as you click on a variable in that menu, it always auto saves with a high risk of messing up specials characters

I’m not seeing Fruit Wines on here as a category. Did they change their minds about this?

This was mentioned somewhere - it was only added on as a test or something along those lines.

Adding some new beers which are described by the brewer as NE IPA but when adding a beer there is no option for this style? Has it been withdrawn now?

It is there but you cannot add a beer as it yet. If you need to add one, add ad IPA and send correction for beer style.

Cheers for the heads up.

Yeah, it’s the Ratebeer way
 :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I can barely contain the amount of hatred I have for the decisions being made around this.

Here’s how I imagine this went down.

Person 1: So, now that we’ve added these new styles everyone wanted, let’s go ahead and roll it out across the website
Person 2: Wait
 wait. Hold up. Now lis
 Guys
 Listen! What if
 no hear me out ok. What if we rolled it out everywhere EXCEPT on the page where users add new beers??? Yeah!? What do you think?
Person 1: Wtf? Why? Then users would be forced to send a correction immediately after adding a beer. Causing more work for admins.
Person 2: I know right!? That way we force everyone to spend more time on the website! Think of the analytics!

5 Likes

no, there’s a different reason for this. and unlike other issues I am confident it will be made proper for all users soon.

2 Likes

I had assumed (or rather, hoped) this was the case, I was just being a cynical dickhead because this stuff is so frustrating for normal users when no explanation or valid reason is given for it.
I’ve seen joet’s linked the spreadsheet style stuff at the top of the forum today so I guess there are more changes coming which is why this was being held off for now. I’m happy with this, would’ve been nice if it had been communicated better is all.

Don’t want to get your hope up too fast, but we are working hard :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like