Summer in the Shires

Thought I’d create this thread so people could post about this summers beers festivals, beer trips, bottle shares etc.

I will get the ball rolling as today I’m heading to the Cloudwater / Verdant Tap takeover at Stoneworks Peterborough.

Looks like a nice selection. I will post more later.

1 Like

Shrewsbury CAMRA Beer Festival started on Wed 24th, @minutemat and I went to the trade and members session. It’s in a lovely old church (St Mary’s) right in the middle of town, ideal venue in this warm weather.

<*))))))><

Heading to Egham next week. A couple new Surrey and Berks ticks will hopefully still be on when I go late Thursday afternoon. They’ll also have a couple of beers on from Bethnal Green’s Mechanic Brewery who’s taproom I really liked when I went there last week.

October’s not quite summer but there’s a clash on the weekend of Fri 11th. I booked tickets for Craft Beer South in Southampton, a new event organised by Unity brewing. That’s the same weekend as the Prince of Wales beer fest in Farnborough. Last year they surprisingly had a craft bar with Elusive and Siren offerings but both are on at Craft Beer South so not too concerned. Also the weekend of Hants Oktoberfest in Basingstoke which usually has around 150 beers from Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire so good for ticking if not quality. Craft Beer South does not start til 17:00 so intending to travel via Portsmouth so I can tick off some more breweries.

1 Like

Deya x Verdant x LHG Little Summer Beer Bash is tomorrow at Deya’s new units. Pretty great list of breweries and beers for its relatively small size.
https://www.ratebeer.com/event/57163/

1 Like

Yes some nice variety at Shrewsbury Real Ale Festival, a far cry from 5 years ago. All strengths and styles covered. More Welsh beers than usual, in fact the vast majority from the 31 i had were Welsh.

Anyone passing Shrewsbury this weekend should stop by as quite a lot going on. CAMRA beer festival, Wheatsheaf beer festival (with almost as many beers & ciders), Loka Polly take takeover at House of Grain (all IPAs of varying hops tho) and Team Toxic / Waen tape takeover at the Abbey (the pub not the cathedral). Ticks galore.

1 Like

I did every new Shropshire beer Mat, plus a few more; some of the Welsh ones too, and of course I helped you finish the Tiny Rebel 13% Wee Heavy!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Paisley! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Just realised Top Rope are classed as Welsh, not Liverpool because the unit they use now is literally just over the border. Should be nearing the top of the leaderboard, shame i need premium to see it

@minutemat, you are third with 544 rates, above you are @imdownthepub on 596 and of course @fonefan at 661.

@cgarvieuk is in fourth with 532.

I am back in fifteenth with 271.

You can check yourself even without ‘Premium’. Just go to a Welsh brewery page and click the ‘Wales’ after breweries and it gives the list of all the Welsh breweries and the top raters.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Some corrections from the beer festival. Lucky i saw it yesterday.

Cheers Mat, that’s two I’ve got to change rate wise.

On another note, got someone in Jakarta looking for Indonesian beers, hopefully have one or two for the August share.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I spotted earlier that Old Windsor brewery are no longer on the list for Egham so that’s still 3 Berks breweries alluding me (although Old Windsor is about 30 min from here).

Not long until the Peterborough Beer Festival. It’s Tue 20th to Sat 24th. I’m heading there on Thursday and Friday.

Beer list is on this link.

http://www.peterborough-camra.org.uk/index.php?module=pbfbeer&func=main