The King of DC

Looks like I’m going to be the new King of DC ticks soon since @Travlr moved away and doesn’t rate here anymore I’m only 100 or so off from argo0 and he quit the site. Basically means a Canadian has taken over your nation’s capital. That’s about as DC as Alex Ovechkin…

6 Likes

Huzzah!

1 Like

Looks like being able to go to Right Proper all those times really paid off!

1 Like

No I think this is just overall. But really it isn’t true since I technically live in Arlington, I just haven’t accepted it yet internally. I think a few of you guys still win on the actual ticks from DC list. You’re the king of Virginia on the “raters from Virginia list” @radagast83 and @Travlr still rules the most DC ratings tick, with @nimbleprop on second. I’m at third but still like 150 DC ticks behind Gene. That’s a lot of trips to Right Proper, where I’d get 3-4 every month or so max. Blue Jacket is easier to gain deez tickz at but not these days - only do pints and limited draft menu last time I was there.

1 Like

after watching the Great on Amazon , huzzah! is never the same.

1 Like

It’s always Simpsons for me.

Be careful, I’m rating again now that The Entity That Shall Not Be Named doesn’t own Ratebeer any more. And I could move back to DC any time…

3 Likes

I’d gladly give up the throne for you to bring back those legendary @Travlr DC tastings…

actually it looks like @nimbleprop is king of DC ticks. I’m ahead of you by like 15 only, @Travlr

I am the top rater IN DC though. But technically I live across the bridge so I guess I should be disqualified. Being the king of Virginia doesn’t carry as much swagger.

Like hell it doesn’t. @radagast83 you’ve got to admit I’ve been competing pretty well for #1 despite not living in Virginia since 2016. GIVE IT TO ME!!!

3 Likes

Had been eyeing the Wisconsin crown for years until Drake usurped me from my rightful position. I do have a decade worth of backlogs to put in, but I don’t think that would get me to the top.

@nuplastikk That would be a fun backlog to watch.

Lol I dunno… Your nation’s capital has a bigger ring to it

Well, part of DC used to be Virginia, which basically puts in on par with West Virginia.

I thought part of virginia used to be DC? Like Arlington where I live and Alexandria? Would make it a less lopsided diamond

I know when you’re been back in VA, because your VA ratings spike and often pass me.

A kid and a mortgage in Arlington have made it hard to keep the pace I used to keep, a ton of ratings are falling through the cracks on my end from all the local places. The nice thing is usually that means they’re all new ticks when I finally make it back to any of them.

1 Like

Arlington and Alexandria (not all of the current City of Alexandria). DC was 64 square miles. Most of the land on the VA side of the river was returned. There’s a few small strips of land that are on the VA side that are part of DC across from the Lincoln Memorial.