The Official RateBeer 20th Anniversary Thread! April 24-26

RateBeer 20th Anniversary - Weekend of April 24-26

We know things are probably not business-as-usual where you are right now. The novel coronavirus outbreak has made life challenging for everyone. In many places, the routines of the day aren’t what we’re accustomed to. These are also trying times for our favorite brewers and beer retailers, and the people they employ. We hope there are reasonable and safe opportunities for you to support the breweries you love.

This month marks an important milestone for RateBeer – our 20th anniversary! We are very thankful to have served you and the beer community for two decades. It has really been our great pleasure getting to know the people and places that make up our global community and contributing to its improvement through the dialogue we create between brewers and their audience of enthusiasts. Everyone who has visited and shared a comment or review has added something to who we are and our history, and has helped create the service that has served tens of millions of people since our inception in April 2000.

We would like to get EVERYONE together – old school brewers, our favorite retailers, former members, current raters, friends and family, the RateBeer-friendly bartenders – for a toast to our good times together, the humble site that brought us together, and to the future.

We’re going to do this:

APRIL 24-26

Pwd: 1MYwaf

We encourage you to grab a beer, and raise your glass, toast to old friends and friendships, to favorite breweries, legendary places, and share a photo and some words with us in this forum thread or on social media.

Facebook @ratebeer
Twitter @ratebeer
Instagram @ratebeer
hashtag #ratebeer20th

Cheers

JoeT

12 Likes

I might even re-install Instagram for this

3 Likes

Happy 20th!

2 Likes

Just a reminder that this is coming up next week! Feel free to forward to your old friends!

You can also post pics to this thread.

1 Like

11 Likes

full frontal or gtfo!

3 Likes

@MacBoost post the Garvie pic

4 Likes

Snapped quick shot with official free shirt I was sent.

Been here 11 of the 20 yrs too bad didn’t discover earlier as I did lots of drinking and traveling prior.

8 Likes

cool pic!

3 Likes

I’ll be in Zoom party soon. Fee free to join!

pwd: 1MYwaf

1 Like

10 Likes

And a little pour for Mike and Walt!

15 Likes

Such a damn shame that a bunch of our raters with over a decade of experience, some admins too, never got theirs after they signed up for it. :frowning:

But will be sure to do a selfie with mine later. This occasion deserves it.

3 Likes

Yeah, never received mine…

1 Like

I missed this one. Went to bed around that time.

1 Like

Yeah, not the best of ideas to open up a Zoom room at what’s around 2:30 AM CET if anyone from Yurp is to attend.

2 Likes

RB is an Australian thing these days…

1 Like

I’d stay awake till 3AM if they got 2pac to join the Zoom chat.

7 Likes

12 years for me! Cheers!

-Dr. Owl

6 Likes

Nine years here! Cheers from Germany.

12 Likes