The road to Berlin

It’s one of many places on my list @pivnizub we are in Berlin over four nights and meeting friends as well as drinking. I hope to visit some beer gardens on this trip as it is a long time since we did Berlin in the summer.

<*))))))><

I’m pretty partial to Schleusenkrug. Not exactly a paradise for the ticker, but it’s a beautiful setting and the food is nice, too.

1 Like

The opportunity to comment on ‘That’s an impressive erection behind you Jeremy’ was in your hands Matt, but you fumbled it didn’t you.

2 Likes

Day three saw us have lunch in Dressau and sleep in Bad Belzig. Two completely different towns and brewpubs.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

You can skip all places and just head to Förster’s. You will hardly find something better than that in town when it comes to traditional German lagers.

If you want to visit some nice biergarten don’t miss BRLO. It’s one of my favourite.

1 Like

OK, now in Berlin. Hotel just off the K’damm, we love Charlottenberg and Savignyplatz in particular. Beer selection might not be great but hotel beds are cheap and the old bars are fine in and around the old ‘British Sector’. Low key afternoon and evening. International Beer Festival tomorrow.

<*))))))><

1 Like

http://www.bierfestival-berlin.de/index%20eng.html

<*))))))><

Glad you finally got there. Dont listen to Rauchierlover, you can get Fosters anywhere in the UK and its shite

2 Likes

You’re mixing up something :wink:

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/foersters-feine-biere/46398/

2 Likes

As @Koelschtrinker said, we are talking about Försters the kneipe, not the beer.

1 Like

Sorry my stupid English sense of humour :wink:

3 Likes

My mini plan today is to share as many new beers with my wife as I can. Supposed to be over 2,400 different beers along the Beer Mile, hoping there are plenty I’ve never tried before.

<*))))))><

Head to the stand with beers from New Zealand and enjoy Tuatara, Renaissance, Epic and Behemoth.

Then let me know how they taste. It’s very likely I will go there tomorrow

PS: in general, feel free to share if you discover something worth to be tried :beers:

Saw your post on returning to the hotel this evening. Really enjoyed the afternoon in the sun and having around 30 different beers, not all new rates, revisited some ‘old friends’ as we traversed the site. Had a couple of the New Zealand brews but nothing stood out as ‘outstanding’. My beer of the day was Hops Brewing Red Devil IPA. Would like to have tried some of the stronger beers on offer at a few stalls/bars, but as I was with company and on my best behaviour I stayed semi-sensible.

Whole thing well organised with plenty of seating and an interesting selection of bands and beers (if you check out each bars list).

<*))))))><

Saturday saw us having a glass of Sekt in the Ka De We, a long standing tradition we keep on our visits to Berlin.

Then it was out to Kreuzberg and a bottle of wine, a slightly newer tradition, where we hit the Markthalle Nuen, buy some cheese, bread and olives, choose a seat, hire two glasses with the wine and people watch for an hour or so.

I popped into a dodgy looking shop near the U Bahn station for a bottle of water and stayed there, sat outside because they had about 50 different cold beers in the glass fronted fridges. Four new rates and again some good people watching.

BRLO was next, before we met our friends at the Haus of 100 Biers on Mommenseck, only one rate though.

Pictures to follow.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

<*))))))><

1 Like

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

2 Likes

image image

<*))))))><

3 Likes

http://www.mommseneck.de/karten.html