The Tuesday Stat Attack: 6 Ireland

We went for Ireland vs England Football in '78, the place was like a war zone, just never fancied it after that, however I am thinking of a return now.

yeah definitely - the place changed massively in the time i was going regularly ('96-'03) and since then craft has gone mad, will be unrecognisable from '78!

1 Like

I currently have 57 Ireland rates which is my 6th most rated country. Average rate per beer is an impressive 3.46 as only Belgium and Denmark currently have higher from my top ten countries.

I’ve ticked off 10 regions and 15 breweries in the process, the most being from White Hag (15).

I’ve rated two a 4.0 - Guinness Foreign Extra Stout and Galway Bay Of Foam and Fury DIPA

Beer52 have been a big source of my Irish rates. I’m hoping they do another St Patricks Day box this year as I was impressed with the last one.

I’ve never been to Ireland, my wife has but ended up with labyrinthitis from the volatile plane journey. Not sure we we’ll be visiting anytime soon therefore!

2 Likes

I only have 13 Irish rates which is very low indeed, I need to make more of an effort. I’ve certainly enjoyed the Whiplash beers that I’ve consumed thus far and used to really like the Oyster stout from Porterhouse back in the day. I have visited Ireland 3 times, first time was way back in 1981 when I was a teenager and had just started on beer, Guinness every day for 2 weeks, people were friendly in County Mayo but wanted to talk to me about Bobby Sands who was on hunger strike at the time. I was young and didn’t want to get involved with the discussion. Went to Dublin twice in the 90’s to drink beer and have some fun with a nice young lady I was seeing at the time.

3 Likes

Obvs I’ve not rated for a long time, if be top on cider 2nd on beer if I’d logged all that I’ve had probably. Still great stuff available, breweries in NI in particular have come on leaps and bounds since getting their own canning lines, great time to be here beer wise (covid aside…)

2 Likes