Those around you in the Ratebeer top raters list

also in the same part of the list are @silktork and @zacgillbanks.

1 Like

I donā€™t know anyone from my page, but I do meet other Ratebeerians at festivals and travels. I leave a message at subforums or even contact some people directly. Sometimes it works sometime I get no response. And of course I do know most of the Croatian RB community.

One of my suggestions to improve RB was a list of Ratebeerians who are willing to meet/trade in certain area.

Also itā€™s interesting for me to check how many of next 50 users at the top list are inactive. Was surprised around 30-40% of the 5k+ raters are inactive. Makes me wonder what happened with this people.

1 Like

I am glad I do not live in ā€˜your worldā€™ where you have to dissect everything to find ā€˜hidden meaningsā€™ or find fault with someones ā€˜bit of funā€™.

I posted this thread because I thought it might bring some more people together, I never expected to be taken to task for it mate. The threads are bare enough already with you trying to read something that clearly isnā€™t there.

Try not to ā€˜read between the linesā€™, but ā€˜listen to the music behind the wordsā€™.

<*))))))><

6 Likes

Iā€™m at #16.

The only folks from the top 20 I havenā€™t met are @fiulijn and @mcberko who are 17th and 18th.

Iā€™ve been threatening to drop by Vancouver for a while to see Ferris but just havenā€™t got my ass in gear.

1 Like

I think we met briefly at the soft opening of Threes Brewing that was invite only when they had us do tasters and give notes. Obviously that was years ago but I seem to remember that.

Iā€™ve never met anyone on the 400-500 page. Recognize some names from forums though.

You ever heard of a beer called Victory Celebration?

1 Like

I know we were in the same place at the same timeā€¦ In any case, not a proper meet. Next time youā€™re in the city or something.

I think a brief hello happened but alas thatā€™ll have to do you not sure Iā€™ll be in NYC anytime soon since moved away with no family there.

Planning on it in October for a couple of weeks (though I am from the city originally). Show me around!

No, but it sounds like the sort of beer I would like.

<*))))))><

Pretty sure ive met all the Top17 apart from Travlr whos right next to me on the List

1 Like

Are you sure aboot that?

ā€œ275ml bottle poured into a tulip. Got this beer thanks to BlackHaddock.ā€

1 Like

Must be me!

1 Like

How old was it? Glad it didnā€™t kill you!

Yes, that was me back in my BA days.

My fish used to really upset the Bros. One of the many reasons I left their site.

<*))))))><

That quote was from Will, traquairlover in 2009.
I just bought a bottle from the UK the other day so I am waiting on it. Will quite fancied itā€¦1995 vintage. Cheers!

1 Like

I somehow got given some old bottles of various ages and quality, of a few different beers. I wasnā€™t into ā€˜cobwebsā€™ then, although I sometimes play in a group and have a share these days.

Your friend Will ā€˜traquairloverā€™ was heavily into that sort of thing, no idea what I traded for it?

<*))))))><

1 Like

I just checked your reviews on BA around that time period and found nothing that was American, nothing from Virginia that he could have sent you. You probably gifted him the bottle.

1 Like

How near is near? Sat at 27th currently, I think Iā€™ve only met one from the band of 5 ahead of me - Tbone - and one from the band of 5 below me - Dedollewaiter. Further up the list, I know a fair bunch. Hoping to have the opportunity to meet a few more too - I need to travl moreā€¦

1 Like

The guy immediately above me (mR_fr0g) I have met on more than one occasion and what a great guy he is :smiley: - this is what makes this site great the friends you meet in this beer odyssey/journey.

The rest far above is mostly Danes which i know, and spose are mostly ok :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes