Time for another Yorkshire Git Stat Check

So… I’m not in the top 50 for any of them.

North 77
West 61
South 20
East 14
Total 172

Together they’d be my second highest county (just one rate behind London) and my third highest country (after England and Scotland), accounting for 7.8% of my English rates and 5.8% of my total rates.

2 Likes

Guessing your total YORKS table is fairly up to date @Mr_Pink_152 ?

My rates in RB tally yours … think I had a Northern Monk rate in past few weeks and a few SMOD’s.

YORKS accounts for 3.9% of my TOTAL rates and 8.9% of English rates.

@LazyPyro should invest in some SMOD for S Yorks.

2 Likes

I get to stay in Yorkshire a few times a year and go to regular Beer Festivals there, when we can that is, so I have a bit of an advantage, here are mine

East - 135, 3rd Pos
North - 740, 2nd Pos
South - 468, 3rd Pos
West - 927, 5th Pos

That’s a total of 2270 beers or 11.2% of my total or 14.6% of English beers.

If Yorkshire were a country it would be in 2nd place for me.

1 Like

I’m thinking of putting an order in with Craft & Berry at some point - they stack a whole array of South Yorkshire breweries including SMOD.

3 Likes

Hey @jercraigs, plaice Grimsby Town as a favourite football team (Adam Richman of Man v Food fame is a fan), we need more global supporters, in fact we need more local ones too!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Am I right in thinking you are originally from gods country?

Indeed you are correct sir, but now an (unadopted) Shroppy Mon

I’m a Lincolnshire Chap myself, that’s like Shropshire, another county ‘Time Forgot’.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Well, it’s hard to hide it with an accent like that. I’m half Yorkshire half Lancashire. Lived in both as a toddler. Looking forward to when Salopian reopens in Jan so I can catch up on East Riding ticks.

1 Like

Plan for the Salopian, barring any further hurdles, is to reopen on 1st February - with the cellar moved to the old Lunts store and an indoor beer garden in its old warehouse. Fingers crossed

3 Likes

I haven’t checked, but I suspect that I’ve not added much to my Yorkshire totals over the last 18-20 months. West Yorkshire was always my favourite and there are some cracking breweries there but I’ve lost touch a little. Anyway totals are below.

East Yorkshire 24 (46th place)
North Yorkshire176 (32nd place)
South Yorkshire 127 (21st place)
West Yorkshire 439 (21st place)

Total 766

If it were a country it would sit in 5th spot.

1 Like

What’s going on with South Yorkshire given the Sheffield brew scene? I am puzzled that it scores low whereas East Riding is largely just Hull.
I hadn’t realized how much more Magic Rock than Kelham Island I had sampled!

2 Likes

Not too sure what you mean?

Most of us have rated a load more beers from South Yorks than the East ( I am 130 v 30 for instance).

Anyway, keep on rating and you will see your ‘stats’ grow at whatever speed you wish.

I love ‘stats’, but always remember no one else really cares about yours; only their own!

<*))))))><

I actually meant S. Yorkshire generally and compared to West which most seem to sample most regularly. I accept that the East Riding has fewer noted brewers.

1 Like

If only I could add up my England “rakes”

West Yorks 847
North 372
South 268
East 69

I should probably stay in more. Can’t work out a percentage sadly

1 Like

Probably because some of the bigger “craft” brewers such as Northern Monk, North, Vocation and Magic Rock are all West Yorkshire. Big numbers of rates for all these.

1 Like

Here’s mine (ciders included!)

North Yorkshire 321
West Yorkshire 178
East Yorkshire 58
South Yorkshire 56

Total=613

1 Like

If anyone is interested in more East Yorkshire ticks, Vittles & Company in Hull have an online shop. I just ordered a couple of their beers, plus some from Bricknell, Raven Hill, Atom and (over the border in Lincs, ) Docks. Although I should have ordered a week or so ago because they had less stock today!

2 Likes

BUMP,
@Mr_Pink_152, any chance you could kick start your Yorkshire Git calculator again?

<*))))))><

1 Like

I thought I’d repost as my Yorkshire rates have improved in the last couple of years. This has to do in part with the intermittent time I spent in the Leeds area over the end of last year and the beginning of this year. I’m now on the leaderboard for all except West Yorkshire where I’m lagging by about 25 and can’t seem to make the step up.

My rates at the moment are:

East Yorkshire: 28
North Yorkshire: 175
South Yorkshire: 77
West Yorkshire: 226

Total: 506

Also 78 place rates in total in Yorkshire, compared to 29 two years ago. Mostly in the Leeds and Bradford area but a few in York and Hebden Bridge.