Top Raters of 2022

The number of ratings required to hit the top 50 has ticked back up a bit, after two relatively ‘quiet’ years in 2020 and 2021 (COVID of course). If you look back over the past few years, the 50th rater’s tally was:

2022: 1,431 (estimate - for SHIG!)
2021: 1,247
2020: 1,200 (me!)
2019: 1,687
2018: 1,981
2017: 2,116
2016: 1,893
2015: 1,878
2014: 1,831
2013: 1,568
2012: 1,450

4 Likes

I would have to triple my ratings for the year to make the list :smile: Just looking at the rate counts at the top of the list makes me tired LOL

Hmm. I have almost doubled my annual count for 2021 and 2020, and I am at around half of 2019

I’ve just checked and on 3107 so far in 2022 but mostly ticks so not on the stats list.

Just finishing up 2 weeks in the USA, scooped my last 2 states (Kansas and Mississipi) and am on 375 beers for the fortnight.

7 Likes

It’s amazing how many beers you can find in the US, a bit of planning and a bucket load of ‘Flights’ soon help to push the totals up; but 375 in two weeks is some dedicated stuff Dave!

<*))))))><

think I’m gonna just miss out again… only about 1,500 short of the top 50

1 Like

With just a little time to go, the bottom slot estimate is now at 1,423. Although I bet it will finish higher than that.

Interestingly, SHIG is still estimated to hit 1,431!

trouble is these days … due to the fact ticks entered in a given year then convert to ratings (when / if updated) also to that year … you can never be certain

you can sit there in 46th to 50th spot thinking you’ve made top 50 then along comes backlog from folks say in 51st to 70th spot anytime in the future and you are bumped out

I’m just glad I recognize most of the names on that list, after a long absence. A list I’m not likely to ever make again. Just barely broke 1000 ratings this year

2 Likes

It knows that I’m only drinking 2 beers tonight and 2 beers tomorrow.

1 Like

Just have 4-5K backlog that’s all the top rater is every year now. It’s the grinders below that who are putting in work. This probably my last on list as no core tasting group out side UK now for me.

1 Like

Ah, so you mean if I were to look at the 2022 list in, say, 2024, it could be different? If that’s the case I had not realised that. I thought the list was ‘locked in’ after the close of the year.

1 Like

JoeT built an all-knowing system!

used to be … not anymore since ticks count towards scores

very much not locked in

could be some user you’re not aware of dumped 6,000 ticks in 2021 … make them into rates in 2022/23/24/25 … they eventually become top rater of 2021

1 Like

Well, I’ve got 60 ticks I need to convert into rates and about 20 in a back log, but I will not be making inroads into the top 50 this year (or next year). I will however feature in both the Mexico and Hawaii top 50 raters once I’ve done my ‘stuff’.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Was a dash to the finish, but it appears that @MrTipple will take top spot over @DJMonarch and once @fonefan updates his ticks to rates he will be in third place, @mcberko #4 and rounding out #5 @Theydon_Bois. @oh6gdx was the big mover last few days to secure top 40 and unknown rater @tontalus was exactly 40th. I’m currently tied #43 with @cloakeddagger. @Leighton forced his way into #46. All preliminary based on if someone else ticked a bunch to enter later.

5 Likes

I ended up with 1169 rates in 2022, more than I thought I’d get around to, and about 50 more than 2021. Managed to climb / cling on to a few lists here and there.

Happy New Year all

4 Likes

I never keep track of numbers but I’m sure it’s been a long time since I featured on any charts here! Well done to @MrTipple on top spot which I am presuming you managed. (If you didn’t then you’d still be top in my book because my figures aren’t a true representation of my beer year at all!). Most of you who know me will be aware of my backlog which I did have under control until about 10 years ago but since then it’s been a case of catching up! Lockdown allowed me a little more time to get up to date and then when that was over I found myself with more spare time than I’d had in recent years hence being able to catch up, only about 10 months behind now! Happy New Year to everyone for 2023 and here’s to some decent beers for us all.

4 Likes

i didn’t scrape in? gutted.

Tipple was a chunk of back log also… probably not as much as you though!

1 Like

Only thing you’ve been scraping is the moths out of your wallet as usual!

2 Likes