Travel South England // Beak Festival // June

Hi,

I am very much interested on visiting the „These Hills Festival“ by Beak Brewery End of June.
Obviously I would love to extend the trip to 7-10 days in the area/South of England.

Most likely will fly into London and stay there for 2 days before traveling down to Lewes.

But after the festival I am flexible. What are cities/breweries I should check out in the wider area, accessible by train?

I have friends living close to Bristol, so thought maybe make my way up there and fly out from Bristol? What would be a good route?

Of course open to meet any of you guys along the road.

Cheers from Germany
Moritz

If you head South East then Southampton and Portsmouth/Southsea. And Reading would be on route to Bristol.

I note you’ve not had a beer from the Isle of Wight, you could factor that in if you take the route @beardedavenger has suggested. Fairly good chance you’d also pick up beers from your other three remaining English Counties if you visited here https://www.ratebeer.com/p/bitter-virtue-southampton/4495/.

<*))))))><

Rather the taking a ferry to the Isle of Wight, I took a ferry to Gosport and bought a couple of IoW beers at 33 Green Bottles (also another micropub and two brewery taos there now).

Cider Salon in Bristol is planned for Sat 2nd July in 2022, really worth it for lots of UK cider rates - tickets are £20 entry with 60 ciders available from bottles to try poured by the producers:

4 Likes