Trip to Canada (26.07 - 09.08.19)

I’m gonna be in Toronto 26-30th of July (leaving very early in the morning, 6:40) and later 8-9th of august.
To me 26-29th would be ideal to swap bottles and have some beers, 'cause I can unload my baggage and make room for ones I’m gonna pick up from the travel. But if that won’t fit you 8th can be done as well. On 9th bags are already packed and flight ready.

For the paper bag beers, both Molson and Labatt have their own 40 oz, under the name Molson Dry and Labatt Blue Dry (with the alcohol number added).

For the none Quebec beers, the SAQ is your best bet.

https://www.saq.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?pageSize=20&searchTerm=bière&catalogId=50000&facet=adi_f9%3A"1"|adi_f9%3A"1"&beginIndex=0&langId=-1&storeId=20002&metaData=

Has for points of interest in Montreal and Quebec City, what are you in to? (nature, history, art, etc…)

I’m into beer and sports mainly :slight_smile: In Montreal Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is marked on my map and I heard you can ride a bike there? Probably gonna walk past some stadiums like Scotiabank Arena in Toronto etc., will visit X-men headquarters to see if my tummy winds are special powers or not, Ripleys waterpark to swim with sharks or feed em and so on.
But my other half is into old rocks piled on top of each other and shrubberies so we’ll go to Quebec old town, watch some big fishy mammals swimming around in Tadoussac, Parc de la Chute-Montmorency (some water fall down from high cliff there) etc.

So quite busy…

Yes you can bike on the circuit, I’ve done that, In fact you can bike the two islands (Notre-Dame and Sainte Helene). Montreal’s Olympic Stadium is good for photo ops and Saputo Stadium (home of our football (real) team) and your not far from the Avant-Garde microbrewery.

There is brewery in Tadoussac bearing the town’s name and and restaurant call The Pick Up Grill. A few km east is Cap de Bon-Désir Interpretation and Observation Centre (there is a lighthouse).

Sent you a PM

Msg received. RB acts like jerk. I’m logged in, but shows no new BMs. Now replayed.

Some bottles were traded in underground like nailon stockings in Soviet era! Thanks jecraigs! I let you know when we are back in Toronto.

1 Like

It’s been few months now and I’ve had some time to digest what happened across the big pond. It is so with me that it comes to me with time if the trip was fun or not and what I remember and what not. This is mainly because on travel day is packed with activities and organizing how to get from point A to point B etc.
So in general I would say trip was great success in both beerwise and culturalwise. We did Toronto-Montreal-Quebec-Tadoussac-Quebec-Toronto. People in Toronto-Montreal side were nice and more to my like. Quebec, beautiful nature, but cnuty people to my standards (and I have none), sorry :frowning: Except metalheads, they were ok!

Highlights were:
C’est What?
Bateau de Nuit
Brasserie Dieu du Ciel! (Montréal)
Birreria Volo

Honorable mentions:
Godspeed Brewery food here is fantastic
Isle de Garde excellent service
BreWskey - Brasserie Artisanale / Le Pub - very good selection with reasonable prices
Halo Brewery hidden gem with excellent quality
Pub Pit Caribou (Montréal) - they were just funny and out of ordinary world

Thank you all to your recommendations. They were helpful. Would I come back? Sure thing!

3 Likes