Twat Stat ... British Isles ranking

Thought I’d try a new one here and don’t recall seeing this before.

Make a note of your position in the top raters of the 6 British Isles countries. Under Most ratings by country in the community section of the old site.

England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Tot up the totals and divide by 6 then round up to the nearest number.

If you don’t feature in many of these lists it will be hard to join in but if you are more than half perhaps allocate 51st place for any you don’t appear in.

My score is 12.

Isle of Man drags me down most with 17.

1 Like

I appear to be 7, with Ireland being worst at 16 butIsle of man a poor 15th as well

Oh and it appeared i needed to reup my premium lapsed in last few days to do this :slight_smile:

More money for the business … worth running this twat stat !

1 Like

I was thinking of posting my first ever stat twat yesterday, will save mine for next week if I remember.

Guess I’ll be 51 in all. With less than 2k ratings overall I simply don’t have enough of any of the countries to appear in the top 50 :frowning:

Also no Jersey or Guernsey in this one?

This is a crap Stat Twat, hardly anyone can play. How many people do you think will be in the top 50 raters of the 6 different countries?

I am in only three out of the six, so that’s 3 x 51st to start with (score 153)

England = 32nd (added to score 185)
IoM = 7th (added to score 192)
Wales = 23rd (added to score 215)

215 divided by 6 = 35.8

<*))))))><

Yes this one favours those with most ratings but as I said it’s one we haven’t seen before.

But I’m not a mind reader Jeremy so don’t know where others are likely to stand.

Posting it in the UK forum it’s going to attract interest amongst UK raters who I would expect to have had a few beers from the neighbouring nations in the British Isles.

I mean you only need 17 ratings to be in the top 50 for Northern Ireland … not much of an ask is it?

High points and low points on mine,i.e struggling with Irish countries

England - 2
Wales - 2
Isle of Man - 4
Scotland - 17
Northern Ireland - 47
Ireland - Off list so I will count it as 51 as above

Average - 20.5

Trying to get 17 Northern Ireland beers is obviously difficult, or more of us would have done so. I rarely buy on line and don’t trade, so unless one turns up at a tasting or in a Shropshire pub, Northern Ireland will never see my name on it’s top 50 raters (although I was planning a trip over there this year; now put on hold for another year).

Maybe we should ask everyone to bring a bottle to Cotteridge this year if they can find one? That would certainly push every ones total up.

<*))))))><

That’s interesting Glen, how you are so high on 2, but then fall away on the others.

My highest ranking of any is 8 but I don’t go less than 17.

I’m in 10th spot for both the Irelands which helps pull mine together.

You won’t climb the NI ladder without visiting or mail order.

At least there’s the option with the latter now as 3 or 4 years ago mail ordering NI beers was pretty limited.

Boundary and their fairly numerous releases has helped this area over the past few years.

I actually forgot about the 2 Channel Islands … they are easily forgettable in the beer world !

Guernsey is one to enhance or mess up your stats too !

27th to 50th spot (and likely beyond) are all tied with 2 beers.

I’ve randomly been stuck in at 42nd here. I have a feeling that these tied places can vary from day to day so I could potentially be 27th on one and another I could be off list !

Basically this stat twat is for cunts, but my average is 41 but that is assigning a 51 to 3 cuntries

@discobot can yu delete my last pst the n my keybard is brken

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I imagine you’re a reasonably ok guy in person but its comments like this that discourage people from posting on the forums

3 Likes

I’d have to put 51 for all of them, but am getting stiffed over Guernsey and Jersey. To qualify for the Top 50 for the former you need 2 and for the latter 3 ticks. I have done both but don’t make the cut. Will have to get my sister-in-law to pick up some more beers as she goes to Guernsey for work.

1 Like

Look on another day and you’ll probably sit proudly in those top 50 spots !

England 24
Wales 10
Scotland 29
Northern Ireland 42
Ireland 51 (notional)
Isle of Man 51 (notional)
Average = 33

Disappointed in my Irish performance but definitely set to improve with better beer coming out of Ireland recently

You far off Ireland ?

Next time you’re over pop to Callans in Dundalk … I always walk out of their with a dozen or so ticks without trying too hard.

Need 5 to get into top 50 - very doable even from London shops, but so much stuff to drink!

1 Like