UK & IE Online Bottleshop Directory (incl. EU websites shipping to UK)

They have been my main online source for years. I have lost count of the deliveries I’ve had from them. Never had a problem. My only complaint is that if you are compiling a big order (which is often the case with them as they stock so many beers - much more than anyone else), and get called away, your order cannot be saved, and if it times out you’ll lose it and have to start again. I have raised the issue with them, but they say they can’t do an incomplete order save like Amazon - but I was offered the option of emailing them a list. I think they missed the point.

Edit: Added the post I was responding to. Shouldn’t that be the default if you click on Reply?

1 Like

Advert for Beerwulf on Facebook, so I looked.

Free delivery over 12 bottles, and very cheap prices. Palm for 79p, De Leckere for £1.19, Westmalle and Big Hug for £1.39, Brick UK for £1.49 etc.

I’ve done an order as that’s brilliant value.

1 Like

How come my reply to Glen doesn’t include the post I’m responding to, but the responses by others do?

I agree with your points. That page is not currently user friendly. It’s quicker and easier to simply type “online beer stores” into Google. That way you get a list of sites which deliver into your own territory with links direct to their websites. If the RateBeer list allowed people to view by region rather than the whole world, and also to go direct to the websites, it would be very valuable, as you would also have the option of looking at what other people have said.

1 Like

I worked it out!

1 Like

Oh this is a new one on me, surprised I’ve missed this one, thanks for the link!

Looks like they’re based in the Netherlands and are owned by Heineken so not independent unfortunately. But those “supermarket prices” do seem good, though some of them are just standard supermarket beers so that’s to be expected, but I do see quite a lot that aren’t in supermarkets here. 48 hour delivery to the UK is quite impressive.

Alright so a few updates in the past couple of days:
  • Beerwulf added to EU sites.
  • Fullers added to brewery shops
  • Northern Monk’s webshop is finally out of beta and now fully open
  • Verdant’s webshop is finally back online, though no cans available until December apparently.

Yep, and not a huge selection, but the prices are solid. And while there are some familiar supermarket beers in there, I’m quite happy to buy cheap supermarket Belgian beers delivered free to my door!

1 Like

I forgot to reply to this part earlier. Make sure you’re logged in while adding things to the basket and this problem goes away. Been doing this for years. I will add beers to the basket while logged in then return to the site sometimes several weeks later to add more stuff. As soon as you login your basket reappears with whatever you added. I’m surprised they didn’t tell you this, it’s been this way ever since I first used them. I even just logged on now and sure enough I have a handful of beers there that I added ages ago.

Brilliant!

I’ll give that a go.

I agree with Brexit, but think this is cool

Cheers Steve; Made my Christmas order with them and it was delivered, in full, the very next day, all well boxed up and protected. I will certainly use them again.

And the boxes are useful to keep for storage!

Yes but they deteriorate far quicker than boxes from other companies! I have no idea why this is but was annoyed to discover this during a house move.

We used them during our house move over three years ago, and still have them. Also have a couple of Beer Barons boxes from way back.

I’ve not kept boxes from other companies as they tend to be smaller, and don’t have the useful hand grips.

The hand grips were what kept breaking on mine. Perhaps the stuff I put in them was just too heavy. You’re right most companies ship in boxes without any handles which annoys me more than having weak ones.

The hand grips break if you pick them up without the top being closed. You don’t need to seal with tape, just use that tucking under system. They remain firm and stable for years that way. But if you don’t tuck in the flaps, and the box is full of heavy stuff. Yep, it’ll break. Been there. Done that!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Hadn’t considered how that would affect it.

Don’t know if anyone here cares but here’s a quick update on progress of the EU bottleshop thread…

It’s coming along slowly. I didn’t realise just how big online bottleshops were in mainland Europe, for some reason I assumed it was a UK obsession. Because of this I realised it’s a much bigger task than I initially anticipated so I’m working on it in slow time as and when I feel like it. Netherlands, Denmark and Romania are currently completed to the best of my knowledge, Germany, Belgium and Ireland are next on the list, followed by other major countries (most likely France, Spain, Italy…) and after those are done I’ll probably post it as this will cover the majority of users. Then start editing in other countries as and when I have time.

On the plus side, compiling the EU list has led me to discover a large number of websites that offering delivery to the UK. These will be added to this UK thread soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this, it is a great asset for anyone who fancies using an on-line option for beer buying. I have only used Beers of Europe for such purchases and never had a problem. Been to the warehouse a few times too, love it.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Regarding Beerwulf, they’re owned by Heineken. So i suppose that excellent value for money is because of the huge funds backing this web shop.

Use this information wisely.

1 Like