UK Visit later this week

So I’ll be visting UK once again. If somebody is up for a beer or two I’d be happy to meet. We’ll be focused on historical pubs and some breweries, not necessarily in urban areas.

Our itinerary roughly will be

Friday & Saturday - Nottingham, should be visiting Robin Hood beer Fest
Sunday - Birmingham
Monday - will be spending the night in middle of nowhere (Upper Sapey), but hoping to cover historical pubs and breweries in eastern Birmingham and Cotteridge
Tuesday - Worcestershire
Wed - Driving through Cotswolds to Stroud
Thu - Bristol
Fri - Cardiff and Great Welsh Beer festival

1 Like

Hope you have a great trip. I’m off to the Nottingham Beer Festival on Thursday and Friday. The beer list is out…

http://www.beerfestival.nottinghamcamra.org/Beers_and_Breweries/Index.html

Seems like less beers than normal about 950. I think it might be as visitor numbers are down since the move from the castle to the Motorpoint arena.

Enjoy, sounds like a fun trip.

If you want some ‘cheap rates’; Wetherspoon’s Autumn Beer Festival is on during your visit.

<*))))))><

If its historical English pubs you seek, and you’re in the Midlands / Birmingham area, I would suggest a few of the classic Black Country brewpubs, such as the Bull & Bladder (Bathams), Park Inn (Holdens) and Beacon Hotel (Sarah Hughes)… all are reknowned for their classic English styles such as Best Bitter, Mild, Dark Mild and Golden Ales, and are simply unbeatable at the source alongside a packet of proper pork scratchings. The pubs themselves have also not changed a bit over the years, and offer a real feel of working class England.

2 Likes

For reference, one of the absolute best beers of my trip last month was SH Ruby Mild (Borough Arms, Crewe - bought for us by friendly locals - bonus!), better than I’ve ever had before.

1 Like

@FatPhil Borough Arms is a cracking pub, Sarah-Hughes Ruby Mild an awesome beer. Well done for finding both!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice guys. We have managed to visit Bull & Bladder aka the Vine Inn and Sarah Hughes.
Also Queens Head in Newton, Old Trip to Jerusalem, Crown in Beeston, Holly Bush Inn in Makeney, Ye Old Dolphin in Derby, Coopers Tavern in Burton, Bartons Arms in Birmingham, Old Swan in Netherton, Britannia Inn in Upper Gornal, Three Kings in Hanely Castle, Cardinal’s Hat in Worcester, The Fleece Inn in Bretforton, The Plough in Prestbury and The Kings Head in Bristol.

Had many more on my list, but this was a good run.

5 Likes