Urbock is life should really a thing

Continuing from here: https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/doppelbock-is-life-should-really-a-thing_297331.htm

So I’m lying in my bed, halfway through my first pour of my first Urbock this season (this is a 0.25l glass), and I am like: Why is this beer so utterly underrated? (Yes, as long as it only has 99 overall, it is underrated, just like Orval)

Of course, above question is rhetorical (we all know that many people don’t appreciate the smoke goodness), so…

Urbock love anyone?

2 Likes

#schlenkerlaeicheislife

2 Likes

Smoke is life (burning away)

I just made some smoked salsa this week that turned a regular burrito into what tasted like a barbecue burrito. Smoke works magic.

1 Like

And when I first tasted Wicked Weed which was put together by an Atlanta-based radio host, they sent me a smoked beer they’d done by collaborating with Bones, a truly awesome barbecue joint. They knew just how to smoke the malt to impart a wonderful American barbecue aroma, in a way that you can’t compare a Schlenkerla to. It seemed like a totally different animal. It’s still the best smoked porter I’ve ever had. I’ve tasted other breweries that have tried to barbecue joints to smoke their malt and they didn’t get quite the same magic.

1 Like