USA: AB InBev surpasses Boston Beer to become the nation’s biggest Craft Brewer

The only beer of theirs that I revisit are the Goose Island ones. BCBS and a few of the sisters.

Congrats?

1 Like

USA: AB InBev surpasses Boston Beer to become the nation’s biggest craft brewer (that isn’t actually a craft brewer)

1 Like

Yeah, give us something to talk aboot. Lol.

1 Like

I’d like it if RateBeer had some way of informing users whether they are drinking big beer or independent craft, like a label on the beer’s page.

But I guess post-minority stake acquisition this is impossible. Also it would probably be too much work keeping it all up to date.

Well, we already put the real owner in the brewer’s name… we are the only one to do that :stuck_out_tongue: I updated 50+ in the past months, aimed to make the difference between big companies vs independent ones

4 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Viper666.Qc RB makes it pretty clear who is the actual owner of most fake craft breweries, even macro breweries, like Baltika, which is owned by Carlsberg.

2 Likes

Craft beer should be about how beer is produced and not who owns the brewery.
A brewery can be independent and still produce industrially; another brewery may be owned but still be able to brew some free craft batches.

So the name in brackets really doesn’t tell enough.

I stopped caring long ago for Dogfish Head, for example, large national brewery that can hardly be considered craft, but it’s independent (ok, since I don’t care, I don’t know what they have been brewing recently).

These are the US breweries owned by AB InBev, you may find some that you like:

“Craft beer should be about how beer is produced and not who owns the brewery.
A brewery can be independent and still produce industrially; another brewery may be owned but still be able to brew some free craft batches.”

Well for that, you can class them as Microbrewery or Commercial brewer…so we got Independant Commercial Brewers as well as Macro-owned Microbreweries…