RateBeer Forums

User's country flags - a plugin suggestion

flags

Hey @joet or any other admin who can install plugins… What do you think about installing this plugin that would allow users to (optionally) display their country flag next to their username in posts on the forums? Country flags are already well used across the main website so why not bring them here too?

I know it’s not a major thing that we need but I’m not suggesting it just because I’m a flag geek… Given how international we are I think it would be cool to see at a glance what country a user is from when discussing certain things as it can help give context to their opinion or whatever. Not to mention the trade forums for those willing to trade internationally it would be nice to see.

Example image I stole from the plugin thread of how it would look:

6 Likes

I would love to see this in place. :uk:

3 Likes

Would be a nice addition! :switzerland:

2 Likes

Though I’d rather see the number of beer/place ratings of course…

4 Likes

Definitely. But that’s more coding work for joe and the team. This plugin installation takes a matter of seconds, I think.

1 Like

<*))))))><

Then I expect to also find this one:
C15323CA-A680-4CDC-9B28-0CB82E3DEB4E-11351-00000B0D666FE003

2 Likes

Then someone needs to create a RateBeer plugin :wink:

1 Like

yorkshire-flag-std

Definitely a great suggestions. Especially for the trade section.

Or just give a quick link to the user true ratebeer page and not the Forum one, it sucks if you always Need to go back and search for user to get their profile shown.

2 Likes

Would be nice :es:

If you click on someone’s name here on the forums, there is a link on the profile page to take you to their Ratebeerians page.

2 Likes

I noticed this too but it’s far from ideal. Was much better when saw the number of ratings/places right next to our names on the old forums.

@maracuja05

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Christos, I missed this Feature.