RateBeer Forums

Vertical tastings

I haven’t seen anyone comment on vertical tastings in a long time.

Although I don’t drink like I did 20 years ago when I joined this site, I have kept up with some verticals that are now exceeding 25 years.
Mostly Sierra Nevada’s , some really old Lee’s harvest and an English bitter that I’d have to dig in the basement to remember the name of.

Has anyone tried any of those lately? I doubt I’d try the Lee’s some of those are from the 80’s.

1 Like

I have never done one personally. Only opportunity I remember was a Stone Vertical Epic vertical at a bar one time, but I did not have them all.

It’s gotten harder overtime with all the new money to see folks doing verts. I personally was part of a Goose Island Bourbon County vert, was 15 yrs worth if I remember, it was very interesting to see the differences.

Did a '02 - '18 BK Chocolate Stout last year. Many were soy sauce, but still drinkable. A couple in the middle were strangely quite good & quite poor back to back, before leveling out the last few years. Had about two cases worth of vintage, but deemed most of it not worthy & recycled them before packing up our BK apartment.

Did a much smaller vert of Monster Ale & nearly all those were very fruity, dry & excellent.

Celebration vert was pretty bad too, but it was during a cleanup, without notes.

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service