Virtual Bar, Burns Night, Friday 25th Jan 2019

Hi everyone and anyone, join me (and Bertie the Dog) in a random tasting session in the ‘Virtual Bar’ for Burns Night.

FA Cup action on BBC 1, your own choice of music, maybe a film, or just close your eyes, sit in silence and pretend you are sat in your favourite bar or place in the world. Pull up a stool and share what beers you are drinking by posting on this thread and let the conversation take a meandering path through life while we all relax and enjoy a beer or three.

I will start my evening off with a Scottish beer as it’s Burns Night, then just drink beers from around the UK (as I have a fairly large stash of British beers), but that’s just me; you can drink around the world or from just one country if you prefer.

<*))))))><

Yep I’ll be in at some point, probably after 20.00.

Great Ian, I look forward to hear from you on the night. I hope to start drinking a little earlier than eight though, all depends on the wife’s plans for her nurses night out.

<*))))))><

Bertie says he hasn’t been consulted on this!

2 Likes

Get your names down on the ‘Events page’; https://www.ratebeer.com/event/56553/burns-night-virtual-bar-tasting-session/

Bouncers on the door will check to see if you’ve registered or not!

<*))))))><

Oh yes he has: he’s all for it and will be sat outside with the bouncers!

<*))))))><

I’m at the Bermuda Triangle Beer fest in Newark that day. But might pop in for a cheeky one later. I will add my name.

1 Like

Five signed up so far: I am sure others will join once they get wind of the event.

<*))))))><

Sorry but Burns night is for my other love, Whisky will be having a few drams. Been waiting for an excuse to open a bottle of Mortlach wee witchie since Christmas.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Don’t think I’ll be able to make this one, sorry, might stick my head in very late on if I get a chance.

<*))))))><

I will most likely start at around 19:00, I think we have a chap from the East Coast of 'merica joining us, so he’ll be sat here when you come in (hopefully).

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

Will try and call in if I remember to!

1 Like

Please do drop in @alovelydrop!

<*))))))><

Will be at Internationale Grüne Woche in Berlin till about 8pm. Planning on heading to 1-2 local Berlin breweries afterwards and then try to join you guys. This English pub needs some German input :wink:

1 Like

The bar looks like it might get busy at some point, I look forward to seeing who turns up!

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

1 Like

Toilet all cleaned ready for tomorrow!

<*))))))><

1 Like