Virtual Bar, Burns Night, Friday 25th Jan 2019

I’ll join you guys tomorrow, we can talk about when Ratebeer was great

2 Likes

Bar opens at 19:00 this evening, all welcome.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Five hours to opening, time to chill your beers in the fridge.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Small post so @BlackHaddock doesn’t get hit soon by the three-posts-in-a-row limitation :beers:.

1 Like

Ha, had forgotten about that, thanks!

I will have be careful tonight if the bar stays empty.

<*))))))><

3 post work venues, the Rake, the Hop locker (juan) and the Waterloo Tap … now on train home … 68015 for @evilempire and all the other trainspotters!

Train beer. … solid hop shizzle from Suffolks finest!

2 Likes

That was 4.2 … xeriously xolid hop jizz.

1 Like

I have a driving task before drinking, but should be starting around 19:00.

<*))))))><

Well I think I might kick things off. Unexpectedly at home.

So I have a couple of beers from Itchen Valley that my brother bought me for Christmas. Amazingly I’ve not had either.

Anyway this is the first beer of the night.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/itchen-valley-m-baubles/698899/

Itchen Valley M’Baubles a 3.8% English bitter

It won’t blow anyone away, but it does have some distinctive hops on the aroma, some solid milk chocolate malt in the mouth and then a good bitter finish. Surprised me by being quite likeable. Would be happy served this in a pub in good nick.

I rather enjoyed watching the England cricket collapse yesterday, it reminded me of my childhood. Got the cricket on the TV with sound down and Radio 4 news on the radio.
I’ve got Waitrose Beef Stroganoff and rice for dinner later on.

1 Like

Itchen Valley … that takes me back.
Recall booking a B’n’B in a Southampton pub that was tied to Itchen Valley circa 99/00 when Leicester were playing away midweek so a booking for 4 of us.
The beer was rank … vinegar … shit landlord a real shame as he’d have done good business off us.

We went to the Hopback pub for a good 3 hours sesh pre match and after … is it the Waterloo?

My mate Jon wasn’t allowed in the ground as we’d smashed back 9 pints of Summer Lightening. He walked round the corner, put a hat on, and walked straight in … happy days !

<*))))))><

1 Like

Here it is … January 2001

Lost 1 - nil.

Dan bloody Petrsescue 79th minute goal !

More so … Italian legend Roberto Mancini in midfield for City !

2 Likes

Good evening Sirs! It’s 19:33 in Berlin, Deutschland, so I reckon I am half an hour early on schedule. Nevermind.

Me and Rudi the dog :dog: (I hope Bertie won’t mind) are happy to join you for a while. First drink of the evening is a Spencer India Pale Ale. I am so curious to try an IPA brewed by monks and I am glad I found it with a nice discount on Belgian Beer Factory,

Prost!

3 Likes

Hello virtual bar friends!

Checking in from the in-laws from the other side of DK and just finished watching Denmark beat France in the Handball World Cup semi finals and sharing some beers. First was a beer from a new New York brewery which was pretty decent…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/west-kill-kaaterskill/695084/215924/

Now dealing with a couple of bottles of Partizan that have found their way out here in the middle of nowhere from London! :slight_smile:

Cheers all!

4 Likes

Sounds good I’ll look out for that one

Cricket has been shocking, but world cricket is richer with a decent Windies test side

3 Likes

I loved doing a session on Summer Lightning. I miss those days.

1 Like

It was Theeeee Hoppy beer in the 90’s … how my palate has changed .

But yes … done many a session on that bugger !