Virtual Bar; Friday 21st Sep

Not had one for a while. The wife will out at a show and I will be home alone with Bertie the dog. Please pull up a stool or chair at the bar and talk bollox while rating a beer or two. Play your favourite tunes, watch a film/TV or just chill, your choice.

No rules, bars open anytime you want, drink what ever you fancy, I’ll be doing a random selection of bottles, most likely in date order rather than style or country/county rates, although I might target England for a change. I’ll have to check my stock before deciding.

Let’s try and get over 100 posts on this thread by midnight on the 21st.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Ill be on my own in Wales, Im sure I can pop by once Ive found a pub for the evening.

2 Likes

Great, I look forward to hear what you’ve found to drink across the border Tom.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I might join you for one or two. Got the kids visiting the next say so need to be moderate…

2 Likes

No problem, just pop in and say hello, I run a friendly plaice (sic).

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Some of us will be at Borefts BF at De Molen on Friday night, I might add a few posts from there if I remember.

3 Likes

Might be a quiet night then, what with so few Brits using the Forums these days and Borefts being on (never been). No problem, I will drink alone and just enjoy myself without much conversation coming back.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I will be at Borefts as well. However I don’t stay to late and head back to the campervan early evening, so if I remember I will try to swing by and pull up a stool at the virtual bar.

2 Likes

I will hopefully pop in for a quick one.

Is there a virtual pub garden? Would lives game of virtual Smite if the weather’s nice.

2 Likes

Cheers Fin, hopefully hear from you sometime later in the evening.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Yes there is, I will open the french windows and the back garden is large enough to play anything.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I shall probably make an appearance around the 34th comment mark, no doubt rudely splitting up a rapidly digressing comment thread. Ive got a number of Belgian / Dutch beers from my recent trip over so ill prob crack one open.

2 Likes

Once we get to the 30th post I will start looking for you Mat.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I’m on a long weekend in Ireland flying out tomorrow … Belfast, Moira, Dundalk and Dublin.

Will tune in if I get a chance … might just be in at my parents house on Friday so will hopefully crack a beer or two.

4 Likes

Tired Hands TTO tomorrow and Friday (22 taps + Bottles) at Warpigs/Mikkeller but apparently the stormy conditions from the UK (90mph winds) hitting us Friday evening so hopefully home in time to batten down the hatches and catch some of you for some virtual bar Friday beers later on :wink:

3 Likes

Well, there’ll be drinking going on, I’m sure. Might do some jibberjabber here if I’m drinking at home. If I’m in a pub, however, I can’t use the new forums on my phone, so there’ll be no bants from me :frowning: (Hmmm, unless the e-mail interface works - has anyone actually responded to a forum email and had the comment appear as expected?)

3 Likes

The wife may be out so I’ve got some Tesco and Home Bargains purchases to sample.

3 Likes

The bar looks to be getting busier after all, hope everybody can make it for at least one or two during the evening. I will most likely start at around 19:30 UK time, but feel free to open the bar up earlier if you are thirsty or want to start before then.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

croquet? I am partial to a game of croquet.

3 Likes

I am a bit too competitive for friendly games of croquet, so I will just watch if that’s OK? Last time I played it almost ended up in a fight (same with Pool actually)!

<*))))))><

2 Likes