Wetherspoons autumn beer fest beer list

Another disappointing day at Wetherspoon’s: one new beer in each of the two I went too: luckily I had the sense to get off the bus in Oakengates and found 5 new rates in ‘The Crown Inn’ in between the Spoon’s!

<*))))))><

Not a lot of love for the festival this year I see.

I wonder if the average number of ratings for each beer is lower this year too, or non-forum posters are in fact drinking in Wetherspoon pubs? I seem to think each new beer got around 15 or so rates by the end of the festivals a few years ago. I’ve just checked a couple of beers on this years list, only 3 and 6 rates so far for the two I looked at.

<*))))))><

Agree Festival take-up by Spoons branches has been pretty dreadful. I’ve managed to drink 20 of the beers so far, but the only beer I have rated (not uploaded yet) is the one non-Festival beer I’ve drunk in the past week. [ Brewery tick !]

I seem to be well served in Nottingham although I missed the Belhaven as well. But the Brodgar was okay as was the Nutbrown. The Red Dragon and Daleside Grapefruit IPA won’t do anyone harm either. And it £1 a half for delicate souls like me.

1 Like

So the ‘Worlds Biggest Real-Ale Festival’ has finished as it started, very quietly in most cases.

I did try and hit it a few times and I was let down, or at least my two local one’s did initially. I managed 12 new rates in the end (one today, two days after it’s official end date). No big winners out of those 12, but nothing horrendous either.

Most beers seem to have had around 8 rates each on RateBeer, so a fall from the usual 10 plus, their festival beers used to attract. I like the prices per rate (retired and poor).

<*))))))><

Made a token effort and had 3 in the Wycombe spoons last Friday.
Friendly price for sure but dull beers not worthy of the calories.

I didn’t even try this year. I wish they’d just get the kegs in from good brewers worldwide instead of inviting them to brew in the sulphur pits of UK corporate breweries.

completely missed it this year, too busy doing other things.

2 Likes

Didn’t miss much.

Yes, quality did not match quantity (especially Guernsey!)
And I had to hold my nose over chairman Martin’s politics throughout each sip which rarely contributes to pleasant drinking.

1 Like