Wetherspoons Beer Festival Wed 10th to Sun 21st Oct

I did one. Went to Hants Oktoberfest and a mate who’d never been to Basingstoke before missed his train. We chose the Maidenhead Inn as it was enroute and would give him time to catch up. However we didn’t realise there was no reception in there so failed to get his calls and another mate gave him directions to the The Angel. The perils of two Spoons in one town. He eventually turned up.

Managed another three new rates in Spoons and all eight at the festival, plus another hit in a pub on the way home, so a twelve rate Friday (that’s good for me).

<*))))))><

And possibly BrewDog Clerkenwell as well

Hope the day goes well.

<*))))))><

There was absolutely nothing on for me in the Wetherspoons in Reading, the Festival seems to have passed them by.

I got 2 new ones in County Hotel Ashford for lunch aperitif yesterday, the Jemima golden ale and the Orkney Celebration. The Orkney i thought was good. Nice edge of smokey peat.

Sorry, I drank 'em all earlier in the week.

Surprised you didn’t get any, the Hope Tap had 4 or 5 on each of the times I visited over the last two weeks, superb condition too.

Too preoccupied with the brewdog collab fest i didn’t even realise this was a thing.

I regret nothing.

I got two more of the fest beers in Shrewsbury last night while on my way to a monthly beer share where we did this years ‘Rainbow Project’ and a few others.

In defence of Wetherspoons each beer I have had has been fine, nothing outstanding but equally nothing bad, boring or in poor condition.

<*))))))><

Two more found in Banbury today. Reasonable nick.

There was a big poster in the pub though with the latest rant from Tim Martin, I think he must be worried that his Brexit dream is collapsing. For a business man he doesn’t seem to have a grasp on how import and export works economically. He really is a dick.

3 Likes

Went for a Spoons breakfast while on hols with the kids and noticed they have a few new bottles and cans in. So may go back when I can drink. Don’t judge me.

Having breakfast in a Spoon, and Martin has a significantly ignorant pro-Brexit tirade placed on every table which includes an insult to Remainers regarding our intelligence. The country is so divided right now. Families and friends are arguing with each other, yet few people actually fully understand the issues. People are talking a stance largely based on poorly informed opinion and hot air. Meanwhile Chrissie is currently working on a project to bring £110 million of funding into the UK from Europe to help an organization on the IOW do a feasibility study into using tide power as an alternative energy source.

1 Like

I visited both Spoons in Canterbury on Saturday and in neither could I find Tim Martin’s “tirade” I wonder if that’s because they get so many European tourists in them??
Anyway I picked up 3 festival beers, Adnams, Inveralmond brown ales and Cotleigh, plus I’ve now done all the ciders.