What are the regions of Scotland?

@cgarvieuk surprised you’re not bothered about it being split. Stat-wanking is one of the best parts of RB! I am driven by trying to tick off regions. Why the hell else would I be drinking Rutland golden ales?!

7 Likes

I lived in Morayshire during the late1980’s, so that must be included please.

<*))))))><

1 Like

This would probably be easiest but it would not be consistent with the position for England at all, which would seem a bit odd?

I also work with councils at work, and Lazypyros list for both Scotland and Wales is the most familiar to me.

The issue is that the English regions appear to have been chosen with an eye to rating convenience, rather than to be in line with any reality that’s ever existed! If you had the current crazy English administration areas, you’d end up with a messy 82!

I’m happy to go with whatever gets Scotland (and Wales) split quickest - I’ve wanted them split for ages.

No idea how it was done before, but ya, just trying to get more stuff split for now. So looks like 32 Council areas is the way for Scotland. I’ll let Services know it’s decided and then just keep your fingers crossed. Not sure which of the few that are mostly ready will end up next though, but Netherlands and Denmark may be easiest first given lower number of regions.

2 Likes