What Changes would you like in the new app

This seems like a slight overreaction (nothing is forcing you to use it). And that’s saying something considering how critical I was it when it was first released.

3 Likes

I hope you don’t mind, but I am going to use a copy of your spreadsheet for myself! That’s awesome!

One thing I also wish RB had was the ability to have lists (such as My Cellar). The old one had it, but that did not transfer over to the new one, and apparently it didn’t sync to the web site either as I can’t find it there?

I don’t mind at all! Glad you like it.

joet still hasn’t replied so I take it we won’t be seeing such features coming to the website :frowning:

RateBeer does still have the cellar list on the website but it is very basic. Yours is empty so maybe you were using an app before and it only stored the list on your phone and didn’t sync?

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Yeah, make a HAVE BUTTON as easy to reach than a RATE / STARS and a HAVE LIST available as a folder like ratings / ticks

4 lines of code.

4 LINES OF CODE IS ALL IT TAKES JOET

(This is from my Chrome extension I wrote to add back all the functionality the devs have removed over the years and/or to make things simpler to use. I like to pretend Ratebeer is a nice modern website sometimes. And it works perfectly btw.)

1 Like

So, I’ve been using the new app for a while. Erics app can’t access the database anymore, so that’s done.

• I actually think the search is okay. Not great, but okay. At least I found most beers I was looking for.
  • Why is my profile picture not there?
  • The expert rating function is much appreciated (Finally the app has the most basic function of all. Nice.), but the sliders are for people with tiny hands. Don’t suck up to the establishment that much, @joet. Or was it you, @wyattm? :wink:
  • Why does a beer I rated with 3.2 via expert ratings show up like this in the newsfeed? It really sucks that it took part of a rating, and not the whole rating.
  • Really wish there was an option of rating offline to be able to correct stuff after a quick tasting session.
  • Being able to add beers would be great.
  • Add a intuitive, easy option for cellar management and I am all yours.
2 Likes

Eric’s is still working for me. can search and upload.

but i plan on trying the new app more. when I can do off line. as i recon 30percent of beers i have are not in db, or i cant get reception.

and i still have massive concerns over the search falsely saying beer doesn’t exist

I never had any of the many problems people have inquired about on here, but now it’s all connection failure and no play for me. SAD! :frowning:

Have you tried the Friends Tab reset.

No idea why but if i have connection issues on upload. Going to friends tab and waiting till it loads then try to upload a beer and its all ok

Ive got 100+ offline at momeent i really need to get round to uploading

Lists are an absolute must. And I’m not talking just about Wants/Haves lists but about custom lists like Untappd. Lists should be exportable and should display various data like LazyPyro stated. And they should be sortable and include filters.

That feature was huge step forward for untappd and even after all the improvements it still has lots of potential.

Yeah it really is a fantastic feature. It has everything one could possible need to manage their cellar inventory. You can have as many lists as you want and record quantity, purchase location, date purchased, date bottled, best before date plus any custom notes and even a photo.

The photo is of course irrelevant for Ratebeer but everything else is sorely needed. The only negative thing about their lists is that it’s mobile only and none of the sorting features work on the website. While this suits most of their userbase, it doesn’t suit people like me who have large inventories (in my case 300+ but really anything over about 50 or so gets annoying). Also, they have no plans to bring any of the functionality to the web. With this in mind I feel Ratebeer is missing a trick. I use Untappd’s list features but do find it inconvenient at times, hence why I still use my spreadsheet primarily. I’d switch to Ratebeer’s system in a heartbeat if they implemented this.

I looked all over for the cellar list on the website, but could never find
it. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Dennis

Go to your profile (on the main website, not these forums), and down on the right hand side you’ll see a link to “Beer Cellar”, just lick on that, or on the Haves & Wants link below it, they both go to the same place. You can do this for any user to see their cellar.

If I remember correctly the links used to only show if you’re premium, however the functionality works for everyone, probably a bug, not sure if it was ever fixed or not but might explain why you couldn’t find it.

https://www.ratebeer.com/user/272114/beer-cellar/ this should link to yours I believe.

1 Like

Beer list so that I don’t have to search beers previously marked at festivals and such?