What happened to local forums?

I´m missing some local forums, Spain for example.

3 Likes

Maybe theyre waiting to see if Spain is one or two forums
:smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Yeah, this may be a reason…:grin:
If so i would have double nationality, so i could ending up being the top rater for two countries at the same time :crazy_face:

Seriously, even “America Latina” has its own forum, which was frozen for years in the “old forums”. Now that we have a little vibrating community of spanish RBians we´ve lost our own forum.

3 Likes

Well, apparently having a lively, active group of users, relatively large too, isn’t enough for my region to get its own board here or there.

im all for Lots of local forums. as long as there’s enough traffic. im often surprised when i goto a local forum as traveling how little they see.

though i love orlando local forum seemsto be mostly college football posts

Well I’ve moved to Florida 2.5 weeks ago and doing lots of research etc. There are 3 Florida Forums Orlando, Miami, Tampa then the Southern States Metro covers North part of state. All of these are pretty much dead should there just be a Florida forum to combine the resounding silence?

1 Like

When is the merge supposed to happen? Are the new forums gonna start from scratch?
Right now , in the Spain forum, we are organising a local swap and the first spanish gathering/tasting, and dates are still open, so the disccusion goes on. We don´t want to lose that :disappointed_relieved:

I pared down the local fora to those that people were using. We are fully open to suggestions for former or new local forums.

1 Like

Ex-Yu. Would have enough activity with a bunch of active / forums-active people + all the tourism the countries get. The craft and homebrew scenes are very much connected already. Similar enough languages for people to communicate on. Enough active users from said region. The possibility to facilitate bug reporting by an own bug report thread. Absolutely no reason no real reason not to.

3 Likes

There’s the rub. Not enough forum activity is why I spent so much time away from RB and so much time on BA.

1 Like

Can we call it Ex-Yu and not offend anyone? Is there a better name?

Yup.

The only ones I can think of are either clunky (listing the countries) or more offensive (say, The Balkans is more offensive to me as it’s very much incorrect, forced term for a lot of places that it nowadays appears to cover).

Ex-Yu has been added! @marko

7 Likes

Is there a way to hide the regional forums from the main listings? Right now my main page is very busy / filled with regional stuff I’m not really that interested in reading at this time. To be clear I want to be able to click on those forums when I want to, but not see them 24-7. I’m finding the interface far busier and less easy to navigate than the previous forum setup.

You can set tracking, on posts and i think forum level
So posts in forums dont show up in your latest etc

@jercraigs Check this Welcome! And how do I unsubscribe to fora I don't want to see?

2 Likes

I think we do need a Czech (maybe & Slovak, if the people there don’t mind) -related forum. Czech Republic is a superpower beer-wise and will attract tourists. There are enough users to potentially make this useful, especially if they can communicate in their own language / languages.

Since there was only one reaction in the regional forum for Germany, I also wanted to raise this point here:
Why not extend the German regional forum it to all German speaking European countries and make it a D-A-CH forum?

1 Like

So since I live in the French-speaking part of Switzerland I would not be able to post? :wink: :thinking:.

2 Likes

I do see your point. I only adopted the DACH acronym because it’s widely known and would love to have a discussion about a better alternative. Of course you should be able to post, especially since much of the discussion is in english either way.

2 Likes