RateBeer Forums

What makes Untappd better than RateBeer currently

For reference, I think we put in about 1 million reviews every year, and, as you can see here, we added a bit more than 100k beers last year.

It shouldn’t, and it’s a lost battle.
We have our million-ish reviews, which is huge anyway, and we have to find a way to make the best out of it.

Not overly bothered by headline numbers but
If we’re only covering 1 in 4 beers thats a problem.

If they pop into existence briefly, never to be brewed again, then - and I accept this might be an unpopular opinion - little of value is lost.

I would be willing to bet that most of brewers of the handle-turning tick factories couldn’t even identify their own beers in a blind tasting. Where’s the parent/child relationship that used to exist? It seems to have been replaced by a queen/worker relationship, and who cares if a few hundred get squashed occasionally, there’ll be plenty more? (Well, hopefully not…)

And 1 in 4? Have you forgotten Theodore Sturgeon?

Might be an unpopular opinion, but my thoughts exactly!

The reason i joined RB was that when ever i looked up a beer RB knew about it, where as BA didnt

Same here. Back then I had to add every other Belgian or Dutch beer I was rating.

I just added a beer that’s not on Untappd yet!

I have surprisingly added 4 beers this month to RB that were not on Untappd (the wife added them to Untappd afterwards) so on abit of a roll on that front.

In other news noticed Untappd posted the top venue check ins of 2018, maybe not a total surprise what came out on top (even if it was only across two days last year) :smiley:

Are we talking about Sturgeon’s Law?

I added a couple the other day. Both local.

The new barcode scanner on Untapped is the bomb. Even in low light, it just takes a second