What to do with leftover bad beer

When friends leave behind bad beer in my fridge it always leads to the same inevitable conclusion

1 Like

His last comment, not finishing a beer until the next day I found to be spot on. Sometimes, it even tastes gooder.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting over some food poisoning through this weekend (I suspect the “Kimchee” I bought from Jungle Jim’s), so the Rhinegeist Cheetah I thought I wanted with my lunch wasn’t tasting right to me.

This morning as I was finally clearing out all these damn cans, I planned to toss out the Cheetah as well, but I took a sip and it actually tasted great, even somehow still slightly carbonated?

I’m usually a Rhinegeist skeptic (the hype here in Cinci is way out of proportion) but I think they’ve wooed me now that they are packaging that Cheetah. It’s a solid craft lager that comes in a 12pk for $16. As a lager-lover that’s a bit of a game-changer for me.

1 Like

Fake news! Clearly those cans had been filled with water!!

1 Like

You could at least give it to the homeless or something

1 Like

I offered a slice of banana bread I packed once to a homeless person and he essentially told me to fuck off, so I try to be careful about offending the homeless with what I offer now

3 Likes

Wells Banana Bread would have gotten you a high 5.:wink:

2 Likes

You want them to get diabetes?!?

If we’re street ticking big bottles of stuff that ain’t so great, we’ll often leave a litre or so prominantly in the shade, so a local can consider it a gift. Quickest we’ve seen one disappear is about 3 seconds. Everyone was happy.

Too sweet or just not that great (D)IPAs usually end up in home made Ketchup or BBQ sauce. Caramelize an onion or two, (if you want: add and roast some carrots or other veg too), add spices and roast them a little, deglaze with beer, let that reduce a little, add tomatoes. You can also add beer later on if you want to let it shine through more.

You can also make pretty decent beer jelly with mediocre beer. Goes great with cheese.

A marinade for pulgogi is the only repurposing we’ve done, it works very well if it’s a dark lager, in our experience.

2 Likes

Some crĂŞpes : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrĂŞpe
(Recipe : https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/crepes-14668)

1 Like

“Bad” beer???

1 Like

Oh, that’s a good idea!

I’ve gotten to the point of saving them and having one when I’m out of beer.

Trick question: everyone in my house knows better than to bring crap.

Everybody who has ever lived in Wisconsin knows what you do with leftover beer…

You cook your brats in it!

1 Like

Two questions: 1) What is, “leftover” beer?
2) What is, “bad” beer?

2 Likes