What ya drinkin’ part XXIII (Part 2)

Sent a pic:

Did the add, dawdled and missed first rate:

Local Craft Beer Chris

6 Likes

Dry Hopped Red Lager

6 Likes

Firestone Bendy Foldies. How can this be a stout? No chocolate or coffee just caramel, nuts, and oaky vanilla with a color of clear wine red. Someone added it on here with a long description. The bottle says “Double oaked ale with red foxy vanilla beans and toasted pistachios”. Strong ale-other on Untappd.

Description from FW website:
Cost was not a consideration when crafting this one. After a year of maturation in barrels, Double DBA liquid was re-racked into freshly emptied 30-year Heaven Hill bourbon casks and then piled on freshly scraped vanilla beans and toasted pistachios to accentuate its luxuriousness. In homage to the Lion’s preferred beer and base of this beast, we named this one after David Walker’s playful colloquialism for $100 dollar bills. The whimsical nickname reflects the creativity and inspiration that went into crafting the beer, infusing it with a delightful charm and personality. It highlights the dedication and attention to detail that were poured into every aspect of its creation, ensuring that no expense was spared in delivering a truly exceptional product. Don’t pass by Bendy Foldies; it’s better than a hundred-dollar bill.

Specs:

4 Likes

I did send in a correction quoting FWer’s current description. The original adder may have copied FWers but I wouldn’t have done it as any kind of stout!

5 Likes

I think this may be an example of a disappointing part of the FW beer club. They put out an advance description, and then sometimes the beer never actually appears, or perhaps appears as a different beer under the advance name. This may not happen often, but I’ve seen it more than once. Best to wait until the actual beer arrives before entry into the database.

4 Likes

Off the buck rack.
Another soda pop, but it says its beer.
False advertising? :wink:

How could I pass it up? It has my name right on the can! :innocent:

6 Likes

Firestone ParAmburana (probably needs to be aliased with 2021’s Parabola-Amburana same beer and treatment with 1.8% less ABV). I’ll send it in and let the admins decide. I’m sending in a correction picture of the actual bottle as it’s a pale yellow label not black along with the barcode. It’s actually very similar tasting according to my notes and memory. And according to Untappd I had 8 bottles with a couple given to Ratman and my daughter. My last was a year ago.

5 Likes

6 Likes

New add

5 Likes

Red Hook ESB

6 Likes

Abita Trpl Dog Brown Ale

6 Likes

New add both Brewery and beer, Blue Whale QueenBee Imperial Stout from South Korea

7 Likes

Firestone Walker Bravissimo, tastes a lot like their barleywines with a little chocolate in the background. Nice light bourbon.

5 Likes

And thanks to the admin who did a prompt correction on the beer type and description for FW Bendy Foldies!
I appreciate your work and time invested when I send in corrections and to everyone on here when I go on a rant!

5 Likes

New add:

Apparently UBE are Philipine purple yams

5 Likes

In addition to the cool & nifty brews I see here, I find the augmentation of various Ratebeerian rants, quite entertaining and informative! :+1:

4 Likes

Jester King Feral Dampf batch 2. Dampfbier?
Amazing!

6 Likes

“The Mill on the River”

Rather boring lager

6 Likes

Lone Pine Portland Pale Ale

6 Likes

Another pastry - a little less pastry and more stout in this one.

6 Likes