Whatever happened to ... beer about town?

We used to have monthly Beer about Town threads, one for London & another for the provinces - are they still around? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong forum.

well beer around Edinburgh has been good today

1 Like

Well… start them again:)

1 Like

Do you mean the ‘What is happening in London during …’ and ‘What is happening in the Shires during…’?

If so, they’ve stopped. I often started the ‘Shires one’ because I was fed up with the London crew posting their options for drinking and wanted to show there was a healthy beer scene outside ‘the smoke’. Anyone however can start a thread about what’s going on in their neck of the woods.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Provinces? Provinces? We are Shirefolk and proud of it. We shall rise up and force the hipsters of the Capitol to drink proper twiggy brown bitters. :beer::wink:

2 Likes

I often tell people when visiting London that I live on an Estate in the Shires. They do not need to know it’s a housing estate!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Problem is that family stuff means I’m more a joiner than a leader from this perspective! :persevere:

But I do post notes of potentially-interesting events when I spot them.

I think the main reason these threads have disappeared is that, barring users like Jeremy and a few other stalwarts, none of the previous contributors bother with the new forums.