Whats your easiest missing country

There used to be one Chilean brewery you could get (see my only tick), but alas no more.

Stats have changed:

Most difficult rated:
#11 Tristan da Cunha
#12 British Virgin Island
#15 Tajikistan

Easiest unrated:
#61 Zambia
#55 eSwatini
#54 Cook Islands

Countries rated: 194

// Ciao

2 Likes

#197 Switzerland
#198 Wales
#201 Russia

Countries Rated: 29

I think I will have to start rating Lager to get more countries.

If the beer countries I am missing were “easy” to get in Norway, I would have had them already. But I have twice stayed a couple kilometers from the border of the Turkish Republic of Cyprus, but never crossed the border, as I don’t recognize the Turkish occupation zone (which this “country” actually is). So no beers from there.

3 Likes

Wales and Russia should be very doable without a single lager. And Switzerland likely to, albeit with some more effort. Though I see there’s no Tiny Rebel at Systemet anymore.

There’s been quite a few Russian beers released at Systembolaget recently and Polly’s have Swedish distro. Should be quite easy to tick both locally tbh.

2 Likes

I really enjoy the Most Difficult Countries to Drink page - I’ve only been properly rating on here for the past 2 years so have lists of old rating to add when I’ve the time (Covid is helping, only good thing it’s doing!) Overall once upto date, my easiest missing country would be Ukraine.

3 Likes

National Brewery Centre shop is an amazing place to pick up random bottles, remember passing up on a bottle from Ghana because it had no best before date. What was I thinking!!

2 Likes

Mine are Dominican Republic and Colombia next. Managed to do Philipines last year.

1 Like

2+ years later and Chile is still my easiest missing country :chile: If anyone has any EU-based tips for finding any (besides the one in Germany suggested to me; they didn’t actually have any at the time and they don’t sell beer anymore through their webshop), that would be amazing!

July 2020 I posted this:

Most difficult rated:
Congo
Falklands
Chad

Easiest unrated:
Bahamas
US Virgins
Bolivia

Countries rated: 140

I’ve managed to pick up 3 more countries, all in between the aforementioned easiest and most difficult.

<*))))))><

1 Like

No idea if they also have distribution on the mainland but this lot crop up here on Plague Island:

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/handwerk-brewers/12968/

2 Likes

Most Difficult Done:

1. St Vincent & The Grenadines (Cott’s Convention)
  2. Madagascar (Colleague went on holiday there)
  3. Rwanda (EU Swap from @Erzengel)

Easiest Not Done:

1. Slovakia
  2. Argentina (as per @jjsint I’ve seen Quilmes but not bothered buying it… but probably will now, ha)
  3. Israel (is Israel higher thanks to people doing trades?)

One change on the latter since my last updates thanks to two Turkish beers from Home Bargains. I was just happy that one wasn’t called Efes, even if they did brew it.

4 Likes

I actually found Kross 5 here some time ago - send them an email and check.

Most difficult done:

1. Northern Marianas (sample, trade)
  2. Anguilla (sample, trade)
  3. Falkland Islands (trade)

Easiest not done:

1. Malaysia
  2. Myanmar
  3. Zimbabwe

Aldo my Taiwan tick was way over BB, so should get that one again, if I could find it.

Sometimes I wonder how people with loads more ticks haven’t done countries ive done, but then I remember Ive actually been to the Dominican on holiday, which helps pick it up!

2 Likes

Mine midt be Chile and Lictenstein.

French Polynesia 144
Georgia 138
Egypt 134

Argentina and Chile turn up a lot despite having pretty huge local craft brewing scenes. Partly this is due to them not really exporting much even to North America. Too bad, as lots is happening there. Definitely interesting beer if on a trip there.

This nearly made me snort my beer :sweat_smile:

I looked them up but no one in the EU seems to carry them, unfortunately. Is there an EU-based equivalent to Beers of Europe?

This was actually the one I tried a few years back; I actually submitted a beer-only order and they ended up cancelling it because they told me they didn’t carry beer anymore.