World-Class Beer Bottle Collections

For the last two years I’ve been tracking the largest beer bottle collections in the world, but my assumption is that there are more collections out there with a similar size.

Are any of you guys aware of any beer bottle collection anywhere in the world that would be over 20,000 bottles? I would really appreciate your help!!!

This is the latest ranking as of July, 2017.

3 Likes

full or empty?

2 Likes

Both, it really doesn’t matter in terms of size. Actually Guinness World Records just counts bottles…

2 Likes

I think i did tell you about the Oldenburg owner, who had a relatively large collection, decades ago, but ím afraid it has not been recorded anywhere.
BTW: Juan Garcia´s collection is supposed to grow at least a couple of thousands, when i finish transferring him my bottles…

1 Like

Yeap, I’m in contact with Juan every 6 months to keep the Spanish rank, thanks for the heads up anyway.
I have the old Oldenburg one pending… thanks for reminding again!

1 Like

Visited here a few years ago: http://drinkbelgianbeer.com/cafes/museum-belgian-beers-lustin-belgium-part-1

<*))))))><

1 Like

Why on earth would anyone need 20k bottles of beer?

1 Like

Cans included or only bottles? And how about labels? What if they are removed from the bottle?

Thanks mate! I will be contacting them to include them in the ranking!

Only original bottles, full or empty but with their proper cap on. I’ve seen collections of hundreds of thousands of labels, can and other breweriana, but not in scope for this beer bottle ranking.

Thank you anyway Henrik!

Well Adam, I guess it’s not a matter of need, it’s a matter of having fun while doing it… in my case, I’ve got over 23k now and I’ve sampled about 70% of them; then I keep the bottles because they simply look good. On the other hand, I’ve met a lot of nice people sampling and collecting the bottles… this is just fun! :slight_smile:

No problem, surprised you’d never heard of it before: https://www.ratebeer.com/p/musee-des-bieres-belges-lustin/23922/

<*))))))><

you are thinking of that old couple living near you, with a barn full of cans and labels…

Man, I can barely afford rent, let alone a second bedroom for beer bottles :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. They have 300000 labels and 25000 cans

1 Like