Your five 'go to' beers

Schönramer Pils: Simply the best Pils You can get in Germany. My all-day beer the whole year…
Fiege Pils: Great local beer, but only when it is freshly tapped. A great offer in one of the countless Bochum beer-gardens…
Lieber Kellerbier: My beer of the year 2018! The more You drink it, the better it will taste. Superb Franconian stuff!!!
Witzgall Landbier: Hard to say, what is better: Lieberth or Witzgall…
Fiege Pilsbock: Well hopped Bock with a malty backbone; sometimes I use to blend it with a Schönramer Pils. The perfect night-cap!
Uerige Alt: Superbly hopped Altbier, great when it comes right from the wooden barrel in Duesseldorf.:beer:

1 Like

Ayinger Ur Weisse, Ayinger Weizenbock, Weihenstephaner Weisse, St. Bernardus (all), Westmalle Dubbel, Achel blonde, Duvel, and also Schlenkerla when I can find them.
But I could write some others for sure.
I like to try new beers of course, but in the end, when I just want to drink a beer I’m willing always the usual safe names.

It sure takes the pressure off of having to rate them. :wink:

1 Like

Another for Schlenkerla Marzen…
And
Brewdog Mr President
Brewdog Punk
Old Peculiar
And another Brewdog… Jet Black Heart Nitro
Nothing exciting but fairly cheap and easy to find

1 Like

I honestly think there is no such thing for me. I always get what I haven’t had. If there is no such beer then I look for hoppy or sour, fresh, local, and lastly, if necessary, cheap. I’ll take a PBR over your terrible shitty local IPA all day err day.

1 Like

You know where we are

All you “Schlenkerla” are just plain Wierd. Don’t you know smoking is bad for you

OMG The search does have a use after all

:grin:

3 Likes

What’s the dating?

:shushing_face: :grin:

1 Like

Didn’t look this time. Would just piss me off anyways. Tasted good though!

1 Like

That’s what I like aboot cans, when they are dated. So easy to read vs a stamp on the neck of bottles.

2 Likes
  1. Timothy Taylor Landlord
  2. Andechser Dolppelbock Dunkel
  3. Saison Dupont
  4. West Sixth (Lexington KY) Pale Ale
  5. Ayinger Celebrator
1 Like

Solid choices. I regularly go for beers 1,2, 3 and 5.

But it’s so good.

1 Like
  1. Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock
  2. Schneider Weisse Aventinus
  3. Kasteel Donker
  4. Rodenbach Grand Cru
  5. Struise Pannepot
2 Likes

Plus I mainly drink the helles so that’s only second hand smoke. :rofl:

Appreciate your comment. The unspoken part of the assignment is that I could put together several more “five-beer” lists that I like equally well.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
Great Divide Yeti
Terrapin Hopsecutioner
Orval
Schlafly White Lager