Your profile picture

Is there a story behind your profile picture at RateBeer? Just a random picture or your pretty face as good as it can be? Mine is rather random but certainly beer related! It is from the now closed down “U Slovanské Lípy” in Praha (Prague) back in 2012. One of my better beer experiences as a place rater. Kout na Sumave, sadly also retired, did make some great beers!

5 Likes

I was in Oaxaca like 12 years ago and put fireworks in one of those big 2 L caguama bottles of lager. Took a few tries to get the photo right, though still pretty blurry

3 Likes

Mine is of my pug, Morris, seeking a bit of cool on a really hot day. He’s no longer with us, but I’ll always keep that pic. Makes me smile every time I see it!

6 Likes

Mine is a stock photo of a honey badger added during the honey badger craze of the mid-oughts.

4 Likes

Mine is Marion Cobretti

4 Likes

Ehhh, “great” movie from 1986 starring Sylvester Stallone and Brigitte Nielsen. But, still a favorite when I was a teenager!

3 Likes

I prefer diesel cars to petrol.

1 Like

For some reason I always thought that was what you actually looked like

4 Likes

Mine is the official Emoji for Päntsdrunk/kalsarikänni. I then spent hours editing it so that it looked more like me.

1 Like

Mine is a picture of a Roland TB-303, “the sound of acid house music”.

3 Likes

When I was a kid there was a Cobra poster in my local video rental. Back then such establishments had a magic aura and that poster seemed very cool. To be frank I can’t remember the movie itself, was more Rambo guy.

I always figured people might think that since some of my posts here are a bit rude :innocent:

3 Likes

@BlackHaddock will be glad to know that mine’s a Shropshire scene… it’s me on top of a hill called The Wrekin back when I was walking to the highest point in every English & Welsh county and unitary authority.

There was a cloud inversion while we were there, so we were in gorgeous sunshine on the summit, with a sea of white cloud below only the highest hill tops and one factory chimney were poking through - absolutely stunning!

4 Likes

I can see the Wrekin from my back garden.

It’s a glacier terminus, as I am sure you are aware; although folk law around here says it is made from sand and dirt from a giants shoe when he took it off and emptied it out.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

My profile picture is of Cochem Castle, it sits above our favourite town on the Mosel River (Germany).

<*))))))><

3 Likes

My profile pic is a Leeds United badge from the 70s, when I was a nipper and began a life-long passion/struggle for the best team in LS11

4 Likes

That’s me on top of White Butte North Dakota the highest mountain in that state. I’m drinking a beer from Crow Peak brewery from South Dakota where I was day before hiking highest mountain in that state. I carried brews in my back pack for trail enjoyment since non technical mountain.

State Highpointing is another hobby of mine. Currently been to top of 41 states.

5 Likes

Mine is a picture of my first glass of Liefmans Kriek Ongezoet op Vat - which also provides the picture for that ale

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/liefmans-kriek-ongezoet-op-vat/23025/

2 Likes

Maybe my favorite album but sure as hell my favorite cover. I use this a lot.
Make mine the P!
:metal:

2 Likes

Mine is from a plush Devil that my wife had when we met and that has followed us ever since.

Also found a smaller identical one around the time my daughter was born, so she has her own devil now.

2 Likes

Picture from one of my favorite Estonian comics (very dry humor, has a lot of booze jokes!)
Full comic strip: https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/1410951_706395292704824_2110154608_o.png?_nc_cat=101&ccb=3&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=qccktTER15wAX9mQj7e&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=19d6834de439e9c8be5a2f0058a14063&oe=60682794
Translation:
Rabbit: This has some nasty side flavor.
Wolf: Maybe hedgehog peed in it?
Hedgehog: Maybe yes, maybe not. Nowadays it is hard to understand what’s going on.

Basically this is how most our tastings with FatPhil and Marduk go.

4 Likes