Anheuser-Busch (BUD) Sells 8 Beer & Beverage Brands to Tilray

Some familiar names

Anheuser-Busch BUD entered a definitive agreement to sell eight of its beer and beverage brands, including Shock Top, Breckenridge Brewery, Blue Point Brewing Company, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, Redhook Brewery, Widmer Brothers Brewing, Square Mile Cider Company, and HiBall Energy, to Tilray TLRY.

Can we find someone to buy RB or get a million dollar go fund me to buy it back.

1 Like

Must be trying to make up some of their losses from the bud light spankin.

Updated most of those to 2023 standards, including earlier Tilray purchases. Still have to handle Square Mile, Redhook, and Widmer Bros… guess I’ll look into other Craft Brew Alliance brands/breweries while I’m at it.

We should leave Shock Top be for now until it’s clear where it’s brewed and what’s brewed by Tilray.

Any insight why the heck Tilray is wasting money on these labels and breweries? While we don’t know the cost, for ABInBev it makes sense since they need cash and craft labels aren’t making money on the national level.

But why would Tilray want all these? I understand some regional bases if legalization happens nationally. But why buy Blue Point if you already own Montauk. Why pick up 3 PNW breweries? Was AB doing a 3-for-1 sale?

Bloomberg is reporting by that it was 85mil all cash deal.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-08-08/tilray-surges-on-plan-to-buy-eight-beverage-brands-from-ab-inbev

This is shopping for scraps at the goodwill, hoping you can flip them on eBay.

Also, paywall…

1 Like

Maybe it would be easier for them to shift Montauk’s production to Blue Point?