Anyone here?

I miss the NY RateBeer community of old, but I’m one of the many who moved away, got old, and had kids.

Anyone here remember Heavyweight open house events? Damn, I feel old AF.

Me and Paul still have great tastings almost weekly, we just dont invite you. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly, as a dad it’s tough waiting for the baby to fall asleep and then convincing your wife you’re taking an uber from Manhattan to Jersey City to drink beer for 4 hours, black out, eat mushrooms, fall asleep, wake up, throw up, remember that you took mushrooms, uber back to manhattan at 6am, pretend everythings fine, secretly nurse hangover while caring for child. Its tough. what im trying to say is, whens the next tasting?

-dad

5 Likes

This Sunday, on 1 September, at Waterside Plaza, on 23rd street and FDR, Manhattan!! Roman and I are planning a mini tasting event (mini since we are only two people for now), and would like to invite anyone who can come. We have a great plaza with East River view, and we plan to come together at around 3 pm. Please do come!
Tunga (trapped)

3 Likes

blaming the kids, a likely excuse… (see next reply)

I would if I could, but I can’t really pull that off this weekend cause of my kids…

However, I can do the occasional weekday (on the days I come into the city) meet up at one of the bars nearest to my office, Beer Culture, RNH-West, As Is, etc, if anyone is interested in working around my schedule.

Dick Pick Or It Didn’t Happen

1 Like

Sometimes I am out and about on a Friday for a few beers. Would be happy to organise something.

Sure, let’s do that

I’ll come out for Paul’s beach plum Berliner. That’s about it. Half these get togethers were actually all the way in NJ.

I’m not in the city every Friday, but with some advanced planning I would potentially be able to make it work.

I was going to post here about an upcoming trip, but I am going to scream into an empty cave instead…

But for those that missed its heyday, NYC was one of the great rb metro crews.

RIP

1 Like

You can still post, who knows what kind of creatures come out of the cave…

You still have Max and I’s phone numbers? We still hang. Paul and Jay, too.

I probably do, via Fedex. I have been through a couple phones and lost tons of contacts.

I’m not there until Nov 13, and it’s only one day. But I will reach out to you guys down the road, and I chatted w Max a bit on Untappd.

My new # is 440 502-7740

1 Like

Anyone there from 11 to 16 of October? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I sure am

Where do you plan to stay?

I booked a hotel at Hunters Point. It will be my first time in NY so I want to do some sightseeing etc but for sure I want to visit as many beerplaces as possible