Badges!

https://community.ratebeer.com/badges

New life goals.

7 Likes

welcome to my life. now like my bloody posts. im getting close to another
:smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Some seem to be bugged. For example I’ve filled out my whole profile but didn’t get Autobiographer.

Emoji one also didn’t work.

Edit 3: editing a post badge didn’t pop either. :open_mouth:

Edit 4: Ok never mind those two just did.

Edit 5: I am stupid I missed a profile field. There’s no :bug:

3 Likes

i reported @joet for blank posting and didn’t get my Flagged badge. its a conspiracy i tell you

5 Likes

JoeT better carry over our golden troll counts to this new forum or else… :rage:

5 Likes

Is this to attract untappd users??:grin:

2 Likes

I don’t speak for Ratebeer but I doubt it. We had badges on the old CMS as well so this isn’t anything new and I see nothing related to beers you’ve had, ti’s mostly achievements within the forum.

2 Likes

The same badges are part of all forums running Discourse software. The admins have NOT specifically added these for us. This is a standard forum software that has not been customised by RateBeer aside from branding and the header/footer etc.

4 Likes

I see from @LazyPyro thats its a no, but actually if we as a site want to suceed we need to appeal to new users, and Badges is definitly one that appeals to some. and probably to a higher portion of Beer Raters than the general population.

2 Likes

Yep I agree the badges are definitely a great idea for attracting new users, I’m a member on other forums using this software and it definitely encourages more posting when users see there is something to achieve. It also helps people familiarise themselves with all the functions and features.
My previous post was just pointing out it’s a standard feature of the software and not something RB added to attract Untappd users :stuck_out_tongue:

They can add custom badges though and I see one already for Linking to Ratebeer, but I’ve done this myself and seen others posting links and nobody has got the badge yet so this is legitimately bugged @joet just so you know!

2 Likes

Yeah i didnt quite get what that badge was.Im guessing its like linking to Say my Top bar in Edinburgh https://www.ratebeer.com/p/hanging-bat-beer-cafe-edinburgh/31275/ should get me it, but i guess not if broken. Most of the badges seem to be working as im collecting :smiley: (who hadnt guessed) but not that Flaged a post one, i suspect thats a manual add when the flag is seen as valid or if the flagged post is removed,

I may have to break the rules and then flag myself up as a naughty boy.

2 Likes

Yeah I think so. I linked to a place too and didn’t get it. Seen other folks linking to beers they also didn’t get it. Definitely broken.

3 Likes

I promissed to send him [spoiler]2 boxes with Greek beers[/spoiler] in order not to do it!

3 Likes

Ah man it will take me forever to catch up to my Untappd badges! Edit for the badge.

3 Likes

So is this why there is a badge for a tutorial, but no tutorial? A badge for filling out a profile, but the link to the profile is dead? This needs some work still.

3 Likes

The tutorial is done through your private messages here with @discobot. You should have received one when you first logged in. Most people ignore it but if you click the bookmark icon on the message it will start it.

You can edit your profile by clicking your avatar at the top right and going to preferences.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

I can find the profile, but I can’t fill in my birthday (tried with 3 different browsers). I can select a month but not a day.

2 Likes

I feel pretty sad that I actually went through the tutorial to gain that badge. Can you give me some likes @discobot? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I actually found something usefull in both the basic and advanced one, so i didnt mind to much

2 Likes