Beer Tasting

We are the Ormond Beach Beer Tasting Society, located in FLA.
We are dedicated to the acquisition, tasting, and enjoyment of as many different beers as possible.
Established in mid 2020, we have tasted and rated over 600 different beers. Our President keeps all the archival records on these beers as well.
His personal count of different beers tasted and rated is over 1350 different beers since 2011.
Visit our website at www.obbts.org to find out more about us, see the list of beers we’ve tried, and much, much, more.

1 Like

Why not all join us an Ratebeer and you can all log your tastings on here?

<*))))))><

3 Likes

They would be shunned and their names would be crossed out in the President’s grimoire.

2 Likes

Bearded Avenger, I am not sure what you mean, so can you elaborate a bit further ?

Took from 2020 to rate over 600 different beers? I had 420 in 4 days and @Theydon_Bois did over 700 in a week.

1 Like

They probably drink the WHOLE can / bottle ?

2 Likes

I was originally hoping that there were other beer tasters on this site, who could view our site, and perhaps discuss the beers that we had in common, or trade suggestions for other beers to try, or at the very least have decent and pleasant conversations. Obviously I was wrong.
The snoots are alive and kicking on this website.

3 Likes

Not that I want to be brought into ‘Snoot Gate’ but if you are suggesting we left gallons of beer during our trip in the US you are way off the mark!

I would say we drank 85% of the beer we purchased.

The 15% we left was average to poor beer … not worthy of the calories. I don’t sign up to drinking something that is below average for the sake of it … happy to write off a few $$$ here and there.

There are other raters who routinely leave beer, great, good or otherwise!

I recommend The Kernel. Best brewery in the world.

1 Like

@beerman1957. I have had a look on your website and there are lots of beers on your list I have never tried. I don’t tend to trade beers but I know others on here do, which should help introduce a few new beers to your list.

I have a Florida beer in the cupboard and will open it later and toast your group.

2 Likes

@beerman1957 . I too go to a small Beer Tasting Group once a month in Shropshire, England. Two of us rate on here and three use Untappd. We have a great time and never tell each other what we are bringing. We all travel, so the selection is always interesting and diverse.

I hope your group has as much fun as we do, my first post wasn’t meant to be flippant, just a suggestion.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

TBH, your first post on this site was to promote another site. System actual Flagged it as spam, but I allowed it however never said I wouldn’t SNOOT it all up.

1 Like

Are you trying to say those were two sip pour out or that your a pint purest when it comes to ratings? I will answer the first with unless it was undrinkable we finished the beer thanks for your concern.

SHIG, yes my first post was indeed to promote our site, however, it was 2 fold. We are always interested in getting recommendations for beers to try, if we can get them in our neck of the woods. Also, I am looking for others who have tried the beers we have, and would like to talk about them.
We might have an off the wall sense of humor, as our website might indicate, but humor makes the world go 'round.
We are serious beer tasters though.

1 Like

Leighton, Haven’t seen any of their beers in my hometown. I will keep my eye out for them. We have a store that sells single beers, so I can also ask them if they have, or can get, any.
Thanks

2 Likes

Mr-Pink
Not looking to trade beers, only looking to trade insight on beers we haven’t tried, or talk about beers we’ve tried that you have too. Always nice to meet someone who’s tried some of the beers we have, and get their opinion of them
Which Florida beer do you have in your cupboard ?

1 Like

Theydon_Bois, I’m not suggesting that anybody here left any beer anywhere…not sure where that even comes into play.
We don’t just sit around with everyone drinking full bottles. You can get 4 people on one bottle. A good
3 ounces per glass, which is the basic amount needed to taste and rate the beer. (or at least that’s what I was brought up to believe)
So there’s no leaving of any beer at all. Even the ones that score low get finished, since it’s only 3 ounces.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

My reply was not directed towards yourself

See my post above and the arrow on the top right hand side of the post ? That’s who I’m replying to !

As for pour sizes and how much you leave or don’t leave … that’s entirely down to the individual … I make no judgements !

My Florida beer is Woven Water Divinity.

1 Like

I noticed on your list that Odd Breed was missing. If I was in Florida I would be searching out their wild ales. Top level! I’m excited because recently I saw they make it on to taps here in Virginia, although at a place I don’t frequent.

I get down to Orlando area a lot, but not to yours.