RateBeer Forums

Bishkek

Does anyone have any up to date intel on Bishkek? I last visited in 2016 and things have changed dramatically since then with Brewster and Save the Ales opening up.

What is the best supermarket to hit for macro bottles and other regional ticks? Looks like it should be easy enough to find a Kazakhstan tick but does anyone know if other Central Asian beers are available anywhere?

Cheers!

1 Like

Ah, I would have been able to help you with this if my trip to Bishkek this summer hadn’t fallen through.

I read a Russian article a while back about Uzbek beer being available in Bishkek (mainly because of a lack of effort in promoting domestic beers and also possibly due to the sizeable Uzbek population), but I don’t know if that’s still the case. As for the other CA countries, it seems rather doubtful.

Russian craft should definitely be available.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, I’m not 100% sure if I’ll make it back myself yet but doesn’t hurt to do some research!

I’ve ticked Uzbekistan before but will keep an eye out for some friends, would be good to grab a bottle or two if I can. From checking Untappd listings it looks like Kazakh ticks are not too difficult to find but as I won’t have a huge amount of time I can’t be running all over town. I figure Tajikistan/Turkmenistan would be a bit of an ask anyway.

Will certainly report back if I do make it.

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service