BREWER PAGE Feedback / bugs Update

The new layout is quite nice on desktop. In fact, if I was a shopper coming to this to site to SHOPBEER from a certain brewery I’d be quite happy with the new look and features available to help me decide which beers I should buy (thanks to all the years worth of effort raters have put in) but as a rater who wants to RATEBEER and easily see which beers I’ve had from the breweries before (from the complete list without filtering out those I haven’t), and sort my ratings in the brewery page, it’s a disaster not having this available. It’s top of @Viper666.Qc’s list of bugs and needed things but I just can’t understand why that wasn’t a mandatory column to include in the re-design prior to release. Unless it wasn’t designed with raters primarily in mind.

Other things wrangle too - can’t add a beer from the brewery page on mobile (in fact can’t do any kind of sorting on a mobile which is a huge flaw), can’t get to the list of breweries in that country or region with one extra click, no easy way to get to the complete breweries list (can that be added under ‘explore’ at the bottom the way we have one click through to places?).

Also I can’t update or delete a quick rate or save a full rate at the moment on any device. Not sure what’s going on there. Though maybe it’s not about the rating anymore…

3 Likes

The new page is INCREDIBLY slow. It is totally counter-intuitive to its pourpose.

5 Likes

We now have back Full Listing by default on desktop view…and somehow it has faster loading time than when it was set on 15. You still have to scroll to death on mobile view though.

The ADD BEER button is also there now on mobile view. (but note that you have to click SHOW MORE at the bottom of the beer listing to access the options)

Clicking on an Alias beer now sends us to the beer page like it was before so we will be able to edit them. We still can’t see the Dated Added or the Beer Picture, both of which are still very important for Aliased beers (the same should be done for Beer Search Results)

Recent Reviews section is not loading anymore.

@aww @services

Baby steps… by Score is still the default view though. One would think that that idiocy would be easy to fix.

1 Like

Whether this was brought up before or not - our own scores are next to invisible at quick glance. MAKE OUR OWN SCORES MORE VISIBLE!

Also, why are they written down like 3.20, 3.70 etc when the scores are 3.2, 3.7 etc - completely senseless! Yes, we know that the beer scores are at double digits beyond the zero, but that is NO reason to keep the zero there and it’s “confusing” noone!

4 Likes

Instead of RATED X.XX

why not make it look like more like the Spotted On entries? Star X.X (X.X Star would even be more logic)

They look quite clean no?

@aww @services

First day really using the site after the update. I agree with Grumbo, I can’t quickly see what beers I’ve had by a brewery without filtering, several extra steps for no reason. Literally used that feature all last week when visiting Tampa/St Pete where I’ve had a bunch of beer by the breweries I was visiting. Even on desktop its like a yellow bar and then I have to magnify in to see the little rating in the text below the beer. This is not easier to anyone!

7 Likes

There is now a brewery bookmark at the top of the page Home / Breweries / Country or Region but clicking the Country/Region also takes you to Breweries home page not the Country or Region (at least getting to the Breweries home page in 1 click is back which is a positive I suppose).

But not being able to easily see and sort what you’ve had (without filtering out everything else) on desktop remains a fundamental flaw in the recent changes and on mobile makes it even worse.

6 Likes

Try adding " / " at the end of the url it sends you…it will work… it’s a known bug. It will probably get fixed soon.

A link has appeared back at the top of cidery pages for the county, but it’s for breweries, so its completely useless!

1 Like

So please explain to a noob, how many beers have this brewery brewed, and how many of them have I tasted, the answers seem to be several, but I cant figure out the correct info from this

6 Likes

Can we finally get the flags corrected on the brewery pages?

Should be a Welsh flag here:

Same applies to all the other constituent nations of the UK and unrecognised states. For example, Abkhazian breweries are displayed next to a Georgian flag (I don’t think it’s even possible to access Abkhazia via Georgia without getting shot at), the single brewery in Artsakh bears the Azerbaijan flag, and so on.

I understand your point With the flags, but could they make the brewery pages more user friendly again. Hell if that means ditching the flags, let’s do that!

2 Likes

They should ditch it. Windows 10 doesn’t seem to support them… I always see small us and ca text before every beers listed
@aww @services

2 Likes

Ah, so those letters are supposed to be flags.

2 Likes

Not being able to sort by personal ratings really diminishes the usefulness of this site for me. I’ve always held RateBeer as a repository of various obscure stats for my own approach to beer as a hobby, and now one of the most handy categories–being able to quickly see my overall impression of a brewery with a simple sorting of what I’ve tried–no longer is available. The visual upgrade seems to be fancy window dressing at the cost of functionality for beer nerds (like myself). Granted, I’m being picky, but the new brewer pages come across as subtraction through addition.

4 Likes

New found bug:

In the beer listing, some beers don’t appear depending of which sorting you use, some of them appear twice.

At the same time, please note that the page tells me I rated 22/22 beers when sorted by Score-Average and that I rated 11/22 when sorted by Name.
Top 5 puts me first at 11 (the real number)…

This is painful…

@services @aww

Unbelievably bad.

1. Slow
  2. Took me a few minutes to see that some tiny yellow mark meant I had rated it - at least have a faded color throughout the row and not at just a mark at one side.
  3. Slow
  4. Make the column headers clickable to sort
  5. Extremely slow and very painful

I don’t think I’ve complained yet about any of the changes, but this is just jaw dropping, unbelievably bad. This is completely wrong and taking steps backwards. Its seriously enough to have people finally just give up.

8 Likes

Is there an ETA (or even an intention) to add a column with your rating so you can easily see and sort by this? For desktop it shouldn’t be difficult to add in, certainly not space wise. Once we get this, the speed issues sorted, the filtering anomalies corrected, clickable column headings etc then the new page has the potential to be good.

But what’s the plan for mobile? ie mobile desktop not the App. Old brewery page was so user friendly to quickly look up by brewery when out and about. Updated version is a slightly more filterable version (you can’t actually get to all the filter options) of what the App layout offers which is nothing to help with this point. Why do the two have to look the same? If I want to log in to RateBeer by Safari for example I should see the desktop version not the App with filters.

A new rating site I’ve started taking a look at enables the columns to be seen on their brewery listing when turning the phone to landscape mode. Maybe RateBeer could make it work like that? That site is in its infancy but even that has a column appear called ‘my score’ - now what use is that?!

3 Likes

On the main brewery page, it lists the top raters for that brewery but no longer shows your own number of ratings? If I’m not a top rater how can I easily see how many beers I’ve had of that brewery??

2 Likes